Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How Should I Disclose Past Mental Health Issues As a Police Officer Applicant

As part of the post offer medical screening, you will be required to disclose all medications you are taking as well as undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Intentionally concealing it would be grounds for disqualification. Whether it will be a concern for an agency is something I cannot answer.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: How Should I Disclose Past Mental Health Issues As a Police Officer Applicant

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    As part of the post offer medical screening, you will be required to disclose all medications you are taking as well as undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Intentionally concealing it would be grounds for disqualification. Whether it will be a concern for an agency is something I cannot answer.
    Sorry if I seemed like I was saying I would intentionally conceal it. I wouldn't, like I said in my original post I will disclose everything as honesty and integrity are important to me.

Quote Quoting xbar
    View Post
    Sorry if I seemed like I was saying I would intentionally conceal it. I wouldn't, like I said in my original post I will disclose everything as honesty and integrity are important to me.
    I didn't mean to imply you would, only that you should be careful not to conceal it. A background investigator for the agency will not ask about this ... or should not. The inquiry here will occur after a conditional job offer and will be done by medical and psych professionals. If it is anything like it is here, the full psych report will be provided to the agency's executive and then either returned or destroyed. All the official record should receive is notice that you met the medical requirements and the psych exam found you acceptable (or not).
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2