Default Do You Have to Pay a Warranty Deductible Multiple Times for One Repair Visit

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California my warranty covers power train for life I spoke to my dealership and they said they would cover my cv axle, motor mount, and worn piston rings I just need to get it diagnosed at a licensed repair shop.. only problem is my warranty states a 500 deductible is needed “per repair visit” the manager at the dealership said I will need to pay 500 per repair.. i don’t agree with this since this is 1 visit to repair multiple things is there anything I can do?

Default Re: Warranty Terms

Read the warranty terms

Quote Quoting Josephxbb
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California my warranty covers power train for life I spoke to my dealership and they said they would cover my cv axle, motor mount, and worn piston rings I just need to get it diagnosed at a licensed repair shop.. only problem is my warranty states a 500 deductible is needed “per repair visit” the manager at the dealership said I will need to pay 500 per repair.. i don’t agree with this since this is 1 visit to repair multiple things is there anything I can do?
    I'm assuming that putting "per repair visit" in quotes means you copied that word for word from the warranty.

Right?

If so, make a copy of that page, highlight "per repair visit" and if the manager still denies what it says, escalate up to the dealership owner.

By the way, is it the car manufacturer's warranty or a third party warranty company?

Correct it states a 500 dollar deductible per repair visit this is through a used car dealership..

Quote Quoting Josephxbb
    View Post
    There are two types of warranty. "Per Visit" and Per Repair". Per Visit would mean if the dealer had fixed 3 issues with a $500 deductible, you would owe them $500 for the visit even thou they fixed three separate issues.

If the dealer fixed three issues on a "Per Repair" with a $500 deductible, you would owe the dealer $1,500.00 even if they fixed all three issues on the same day.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links