Default How to Get a No-Contact Order Removed from Your Bond in a Criminal Case

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

My boyfriend was staying at my apartment off and on, but he didn't technically live there because his name wasn't on the lease or anything and his mail got sent to his dad's house. He got arrested for selling drugs and had the drugs on him in my apartment when it happened. I did not get charged with anything because I was not fully aware of the situation. He is in jail and part of his bond requirement (which has not happened yet) will be that he is to have no contact with me. I do not understand why this is because I was not a party to the crime nor do I have any charges that imply I am. I was the best influence for that man seeing as I convinced him to enroll in college for a semester and a get a job. I miss him very much and though the no contact hasn't been issued yet, I would love to be able to see him when he gets out. Is there any way to be able to lift this no contact from the bond requirement?

Default Re: How to Get a No-Contact Order Removed from Your Bond in a Criminal Case

He was arrested for a drug crime in your apartment, and had drugs in his possession at the time. The judge found that to be a sufficient concern to bar contact.

He can speak with his lawyer about modifying the terms of his bond, but there are more important things for him to deal with in preparing the defense of his case. Unless and until he actually gets the resources together to post bond, it doesn't have a material effect on you.

Default Re: How to Get a No-Contact Order Removed from Your Bond in a Criminal Case

You are not charged with anything, YET. "Fully" aware is not something that guarantees you a defense. You should probably distance yourself while all this is pending.

1. Sponsored Links