Default Just Venting

I own a house in Merida, Mexico, but I don't live there right now, I live in Ajijic while I try to sell the Merida house. I have buyers for the Merida house (yay!) and they've paid the required 10% deposit (yay!) and I am now making plans to fly to Merida, stay in my house while I pack the rest of my personal stuff, and then leave the house with my stuff on or just before closing day. I will then stay in a nearby hotel for a couple of days, during which time I will attend the closing ceremonies, and then fly back to Ajijic.

Sounds like a good plan, right?

Oh no, the buyers are appalled that I would have the gall to think that I could stay in "their" house while awaiting closing day. And that I would be in there packing my stuff without their permission! They don't seem to understand that until I get the final payment for the house, it's my house and I can stay in it whenever I want. My Merida real estate agent (who asked them what they would say if I was living in the house at the time they paid the deposit, would they want me to leave immediately, and they said of course not, that is apparently a whole 'nother scenario) is now desperately trying to get them to understand that until closing day, they have no say in whether or not I enter (and stay in) my house in Merida.

Grrrr, why can't anything go easily and logically???

Default Re: Just Venting

Try telling them that it's 100% your house until the pen hits paper on the closing docs.

I don't see that they have any say-so what goes into the house.
    I strive every day to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.

They don't have any say-so, legally or otherwise. And they've been reminded of this. But somehow they have gotten the idea that because I'm not living in it now, I cannot ever live in it again. (If I was living in it now, they'd be just fine with me staying there 'til closing day, but the fact that I moved out over a month ago has somehow twisted their logic capabilities.) I'm sure everything's going to work out (after all the law is on my side), it's just having to go through this period of idiocy that's bugging me. Yurgh.

Oh, that's sounds frustrating. Buying/selling houses can be so stressful; dealing with clueless people doesn't help.

(And I just googled Merida - looks like an enchanting place.)

Quote Quoting Shadowbunny
    View Post
    Oh, that's sounds frustrating. Buying/selling houses can be so stressful; dealing with clueless people doesn't help.

(And I just googled Merida - looks like an enchanting place.)
    Agree about the clueless. I just hope the cluelessness doesn't make them do something really stupid, like pull the offer.

And Merida is an enchanting place - if it wasn't so darned hot four months of the year (min 40C + 90% humidity every day, feels like well over 100F)! And I'm of an age where heat really affects me, my normal body temp is about 2F degrees above normal! But I lived there for three years and loved it ('til I started to melt), and am really looking forward to going back for a few weeks during the "cold" season (70F to 76F every day), to enjoy the enchantment, and to say goodbye. [tears of sadness emoticon here]

If you want to see the house, google Casa Cielito Lindo Merida Yucatan and select whatever comes up at the point2pointhomes.com website. The pics are a little old, the house actually looks better now - same as in the pics except big wall unit in the living room, patio furniture on the terrace, more artwork, bigger fridge, dining table is now natural wood, not white.

Why or how would they even know if you're living in the house or not?

Schedule the final walk through with them and do what you please. You have the keys. They don't. End of story, unless they're trying to pull something shady.

Did they write that in as part of their offer? If not, this isn't worth stressing about.

As they say in the south, "Bless their hearts." It means they're really not very bright.

Oh, ee.... what lovely homes! I have a feeling it's a very interesting story as to how you ended up there.

1. Sponsored Links