Default Liking Someone Out of Pity

What kind of person would tell someone that they only liked you out of pity? I'm torn between crying and laughing. Is is a superiority thing? I was hurt initially but now trying to understand the psychological aspect of it all. Good day.

Default Re: Liking Someone Out of Pity

Quote Quoting curiousandskeptical
    View Post
    What kind of person would tell someone that they only liked you out of pity? I'm torn between crying and laughing. Is is a superiority thing? I was hurt initially but now trying to understand the psychological aspect of it all. Good day.
    Not knowing the context in which it was said I cannot offer an opinion on it. In any event, this raises no legal issues and these boards are for discussion of the law, not an emotional support or psychology forum.

Not knowing the context in which it was said I cannot offer an opinion on it. In any event, this raises no legal issues and these boards are for discussion of the law, not an emotional support or psychology forum.
    THis subthread actually is for banters, so it doesn't seem that misplaced.

And without context I'd say nothing, except maybe that I think it's not that uncommon feeling.

Cheer up. Mediocre person, but not alone! : )))))

When one let's negativity rent space in your head, they win. Evict 'em! They don't belong there.

You know better who you are and what your about, so it sorta goes with the sticks-and-stones "theorem".

Signed,
    perfectly average Dave

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources