Default Can You Kick Your Spouse's Guest Out of the Home Against Her Wishes

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: West Virginia

I have a question that I was hoping this community could help answer. Lets say that an individual is on the property of a Husband and Wife. The Husband does not like the individual and requests he leaves. Now, "he" happens to be the brother of the Wife and she does not wish him to leave. In this case, who gets what they want? For instance, the Husband calls the police and when they arrive he makes it clear that he just plain out does not like his brother in law, but the Wife is totally of the opposite side.

Additionally, there has never been any violence between the Husband and brother in law, no alcohol used in either party, and nothing of the sort. He just simply does not like the individual because of whatever reason. What would happen in this situation?

Default Re: Spouse Disagreement

Quote Quoting Hexa Fox
    View Post
    My question involves restraining orders in the State of: West Virginia

I have a question that I was hoping this community could help answer. Lets say that an individual is on the property of a Husband and Wife. The Husband does not like the individual and requests he leaves. Now, "he" happens to be the brother of the Wife and she does not wish him to leave. In this case, who gets what they want? For instance, the Husband calls the police and when they arrive he makes it clear that he just plain out does not like his brother in law, but the Wife is totally of the opposite side.

Additionally, there has never been any violence between the Husband and brother in law, no alcohol used in either party, and nothing of the sort. He just simply does not like the individual because of whatever reason. What would happen in this situation?
    Both parties are fully entitled to grow up and behave like rational adults.

If they can't manage to come to an agreement on who is or isn't allowed to be present at any given time, they may wish to seek the services of a divorce attorney.

The police won't get involved in a non-violent marital dispute.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

If the wife wants him to stay then there is no incident of trespassing and the police cannot force anyone to leave.

As mentioned, if the husband and wife cannot agree on something so simple, maybe it is time to re-think the marriage.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    If the wife wants him to stay then there is no incident of trespassing and the police cannot force anyone to leave.

As mentioned, if the husband and wife cannot agree on something so simple, maybe it is time to re-think the marriage.
    This is a little confusing, at least to me. Because trespassing would be an individual being on another individuals property without permission correct? So if the husband requests someone leave his property and they refuse, would that be trespassing? Even if the wife is on the complete opposite side and wishes the individual to remain?

Quote Quoting Hexa Fox
    View Post
    This is a little confusing, at least to me. Because trespassing would be an individual being on another individuals property without permission correct? So if the husband requests someone leave his property and they refuse, would that be trespassing? Even if the wife is on the complete opposite side and wishes the individual to remain?
    However, the WIFE gave her permission. It is NOT trespassing if a lawful resident gives permission for someone to be there. The police will not get involved as this is not a criminal matter.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Hexa Fox
    View Post
    Sorry, but its just as much the wife's property as it is the husband's, therefore his wishes do not trump hers. Therefore it would not be a trespass unless BOTH the husband AND wife do not want him there.

1. Sponsored Links