Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Do You Have to Disclose a Sealed Offense That Does Not Appear on Your FBI Record

Quote Quoting FutureMD
    View Post
    If I were to disclose they would certainly ask for more detail into the incident and court records. Does that include all discovery including "victim" statements? Can those still be accessed even though the record is sealed?
    There is more to this story than you have said.

Default Re: Do You Have to Disclose a Sealed Offense That Does Not Appear on Your FBI Record

I understand that I "should" disclose but in reality there is no way NY State would ever find out about this. They don't even do background checks. If they did, FBI would come clear. They wouldn't do CBI, if they did that would be clear too. There's no online or other source of it either.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting FutureMD
    View Post
    I understand that I "should" disclose but in reality there is no way NY State would ever find out about this. They don't even do background checks. If they did, FBI would come clear. They wouldn't do CBI, if they did that would be clear too. There's no online or other source of it either.
    So your solution is to conceal it and hope that no one finds out about it. Bear in mind that employers can also do background checks that exceed the parameters that you describe at the local licensing board. If you're found out, even down the road, you may be subject to termination and NY may terminate your license (I'd bet they would find out). They reason they doe this is because NO ONE WANTS A LIAR WORKING FOR THEM!

Yes I intended the shouty caps! Honestly! more and more people believe that they are treated unfairly when they are called to account for their misbehavior. The licensing board may read what you write and not blink. You don't know, but if you lie and it's uncovered you're done.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2