Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: How to Respond to an Emergency Custody Petition and Prepare for Hearing

Your son's father pays no child support ? Were you and your son's father married ?

How can you home school your son and work full time ?

Default Re: How to Respond to an Emergency Custody Petition and Prepare for Hearing

No we weren't married.
    We have split custody and we have it so that we split the week in half. I work during the times when my son is with his father. My life is very busy... it's a very hard schedule to maintain and I have sacrificed a lot to make it happen. My son getting the best possible education is well worth it and an investment that I am ready and willing to make until he's grown.

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    I believe the current situation that he's in having his whole life uprooted and being put in a new school taken away from everything that he did in his life before his activities Church his mother all of those things I believe are more detrimental to him then what happened with my ex boyfriend... new family new friends new school... all of these changes are actually preventing him from being able to effectively deal with what happened. He truly did not believe that he was in danger during the incident. What he experienced was fear because I was being hit and threatened. My ex boyfriend is charged with kidnapping him because he kidnapped me and my son was with me... so by default he kidnapped us both.
    If your son was present while your boyfriend was hitting you, he was in danger. That man could have turned on him at any point. And a nine year old would know that.

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    If he is found not guilty, it would only be after a long drawn out process... probably years. He won't do that. And he won't come after us either. He might have had he been out right away and still operating under the influence of alcohol.
    I bet you never thought that he would kidnap you either, so I think your crystal ball may be faulty.

That is a fair comment. I should not try to predict the future, but I don't believe he will come after me unless it's to try and get me back in a relationship, which I've made clear will not happen.

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    What I don't think I'm making clear is that this isn't about my child safety... if Dad was truly concerned about my son's safety in light of the relationship that I had he wouldn't have waited 3 weeks to pull him out of my home. When my boyfriend who was before this time in all respects ideal, started to show signs of anger issues I told my son's father about them and asked him to keep my son for a week so that I could get him out of my home peacefully. After I thought he had moved out, things escalated badly. You may not believe this because you don't know all of the details, but at the first sign of problems I have done everything I was supposed to do to protect my son.

I believe the current situation that he's in having his whole life uprooted and being put in a new school taken away from everything that he did in his life before his activities Church his mother all of those things I believe are more detrimental to him then what happened with my ex boyfriend... new family new friends new school... all of these changes are actually preventing him from being able to effectively deal with what happened. He truly did not believe that he was in danger during the incident. What he experienced was fear because I was being hit and threatened. My ex boyfriend is charged with kidnapping him because he kidnapped me and my son was with me... so by default he kidnapped us both.

There certainly was never an imminent risk of danger to my son the moment that he was placed under arrest.

The TRO is for possession... it does not prohibit contact.

Also... dad is NOT getting my son in therapy... he put him in school, and there is no "getting behind" with my son. Academically he is at least a year ahead on every subject compared to public school standards, and 3 years ahead on some.
    But there was imminent danger before your ex was put in cuffs - right?

If he waited 3 weeks to get your son how did he keep your son for a week when you asked? Things escalated badly with whom and when?

You don't know what your child "truly" felt. Nor does his father. Only he knows what he felt. He might not have told anyone how he really felt. Oh so it's "just' fear he felt because he saw your ex beat you and threaten you? Yeah he felt a lot more than fear trust me on that one.

I don't understand why you think that once your ex was arrested that just made your son feel safe. Are you a mind reader?

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    That is a fair comment. I should not try to predict the future, but I don't believe he will come after me unless it's to try and get me back in a relationship, which I've made clear will not happen.
    If he would even remotely try to get you back into a relationship he might get really, really, stupid again. Particularly if he ends up under the influence of alcohol again.

There is no way you can be objective about what you son went through. Even if it was fear alone. You have no idea the damage that type of fear can create in a child. You are not a psychiatrist or psychologist.

You have no way of knowing what your ex boyfriend will and won't do. You have proven that

There was danger before my ex was put in cuffs yes. The week that my son's father kept my son was before all of this happened... when I started to realize that my ex had some anger issues... while I got my ex to move out. He came back after, and did the crimes that he's charged with which is what I'm talking about when I say things escalated badly.

I do know my son. My education is in child development and psychology... I know how to talk to my son about his feelings. I know how to evaluate his behavior as well.

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    I do know my son. My education is in child development and psychology... I know how to talk to my son about his feelings. I know how to evaluate his behavior as well.
    Your education in psychology is not sufficient to deal with this. You cannot "treat" or "evaluate" your son. You cannot be objective.

Quote Quoting Eph612Mom
    View Post
    There was danger before my ex was put in cuffs yes. The week that my son's father kept my son was before all of this happened... when I started to realize that my ex had some anger issues... while I got my ex to move out. He came back after, and did the crimes that he's charged with which is what I'm talking about when I say things escalated badly.

For someone who claims to have "education" in child development and psychology you really don't know how to assess your own child's emotions and psychological status. What do you mean by "education?" Took a class? Also you can't treat your own child even if you are a licensed psychologist.

You need to get a lawyer. That is the bottomline.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5