Default How to Get a Restraining Order Against Your Child's Half-Sibling

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: louisiana
    I need to know how I go about putting a restraining order against my children's father daughter. She sixteen years old and she can not be trusted around my kids. He allows her to do anything she wants including mistreating my kids. The law no help because she lies to them and tells them that she being mistreated and actually had me arrested but the charges were dropped because she admitted she lied and thought it was funny but the arresting officer didn't do anything about it. I have pictures after pictures of everything. How she physically abuses me and how she destroys everything. Her room, bed, clothes, the walls, floor, appliances anything and everything she puts her hands on she just destroys it. She steals from everyone. Strangers falimly school but no one will hold her accountable. The police tells us jail and juvenile is not a place for her. She even went before the Fins Program which is a place the send teens who are out of control. The lady who was in charge closed out her case even though she failed the program and refused to work with the social worker. When her father and I threaten to call the police on now her she starts hitting herself and tells her dad she gonna lie and tell the officer we beat and mistreat her. So her dad is scared of her. Please help me. Thank you

Default Re: Help

Where is her other parent?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Court terminated her parental rights 6yrs ago and she no where to be found now. Not that she ever wanted her anyway.

Default Re: How to Get a Restraining Order Against Your Child's Half-Sibling

This is a child who is living in your home with your partner/husband (her father) and yourself? Then your solution is to parent -- make sure that she's never alone with the younger children. You don't need a restraining order to accomplish that.

If she starts hitting herself and threatening to blame the marks on her father if he calls the police, dad needs to consider recording those encounters.

Her father might want to call CPS and ask about having her put in Foster Care because he and you can't manage her. Her father also needs to talk to her school counselor. You need to call the police every time she abuses you and destroys property. Ya'll might want to consider putting hidden cameras in your home to film her in the act.

Are the other children afraid of her ? Does she hurt them and destroy their things ? If she lives with you, you aren't going to be able to get a Restraining Order.

She needs to be in counseling. If her behavior is violent her father might be able to have her put in a mental ward for evaluation.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Her father might want to call CPS and ask about having her put in Foster Care because he and you can't manage her.
    That's not how foster care works and, given that she has already participated in the FINS-AP (Families in Need of Services Assistance Program) the Department of Children & Family Services is already aware of the case. Perhaps there are grounds to re-open the FINS case.

I have close friends that did this with their oldest daughter. The parents could not control the child no matter what they did. Every time the child didn't get her way, CPS received a complaint. But, they never found anything. She was a frequent"weekend runaway". The parents told CPS they had all they could take. She ran away one weekend. When the police called, the parents said she couldn't come back home. There were other children in the home. She was never violent. She also didn't destroy property.

1. Sponsored Links