Default Can You Change a Code 2c ELS Discharge Status

Hey I was discharged from the Air Force almost 4 years ago with a 2c ELS. I’ve tried joining other branches but the said I wasn’t able to join. Is there a possibility that I could get it changed to join? The Army and the Navy told me to upgrade the discharge like it was something easy, but as I read online, it’s not as easy as it seemed. What should I do?

I didn’t do anything but was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a group of ppl that got discharged as well. I was in the reserves and didn’t graduate BMT. now I am considered as prior service.

Default Re: Can You Change a Code 2c ELS Discharge Status

Quote Quoting JaneDoe229
    View Post
    ...but as I read online, it’s not as easy as it seemed.
    You mean, in the sense that there are a lot of steps that you must take to upgrade your discharge? Or is it that you don't believe that you'll succeed? If it's the latter, the worst that can happen if you try is that they say "no".

If the problem is that the process itself seems too daunting, there are lawyers who specialize in military law matters, and you can consider seeking assistance from such a lawyer.

It isn't going to happen. The problem is that you fraudulently enlisted and I suspect your underlying medical problem (are you the same person who keeps popping up on other forums with the adjustment order history?) isn't likely to be waiverable (or even to the point where you are going to be deemed healthy enough to serve).

Unless you can change the basic facts: that you didn't lie on your enlistment about your medical history, you're not getting it upgraded.

I didn’t get discharged for anything medical related or lying on my enlistment

I believe that I won’t succeed. Yeah I know the worse they can say is no. Where can a find a lawyer to help me with this?

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    It isn't going to happen. The problem is that you fraudulently enlisted and I suspect your underlying medical problem (are you the same person who keeps popping up on other forums with the adjustment order history?) isn't likely to be waiverable (or even to the point where you are going to be deemed healthy enough to serve).

Unless you can change the basic facts: that you didn't lie on your enlistment about your medical history, you're not getting it upgraded.

It’s nothing medical related or lying on my enlistment

Quote Quoting JaneDoe229
    View Post
    Where can a find a lawyer to help me with this?
    A good place to start would be the local bar association or google

OK, I got confused over the different services. Actually, it would seem that the Air Force 2C is more generous. It's an "honorable discharge" involuntary separation. You can certainly talk to the recruiters from the other services (be sure to point out that the 2C is an Air Force rather than Navy/Marine or Army code). If they tell you you'll need a lawyer, then indeed there are lawyers who can help you.

It isn't the 2C that's the problem. Re-enlistment just takes a waiver. The problem is the ELS. That's a command decision and basically means that command found you unfit for military duty. That's can't be undone.

Quote Quoting LegalWriter
    View Post
    The problem is the ELS. That's a command decision and basically means that command found you unfit for military duty. That's can't be undone.
    Really? Explanations I've found of ELS is that it is given when the person was not in long enough for command to come to a conclusion as to their fitness.

An entry level separation is available only if discharge processing is initiated by the command while you are in entry level status. It's set forth in the Air Force Guidance Memorandum (AFI 36-3208) Administrative Separation of Airmen.

1. Sponsored Links