Default Does Inadvertent Contact with a Protected Person Online Violate a No-Contact Order

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Florida.

I have a domestic injunction against me. It prohibits all contact between me and my ex. This was entered about a year ago and there has been no contact/violation.

I am on Tinder. Today my ex's profile appeared on my screen. For those unfamiliar with Tinder, this happens just because when two people are in a geographic area, Tinder places possible matches in front of the user and allows them to swipe left or right. Swiping left indicates "no match" and nothing further happens. Swiping right indicates you are interested and if the other user does at some point, you "match" and Tinder connects you to speak in their app.

In this case, I obviously quickly swiped left to indicate "no match." We thus didn't speak. Assuming that my ex may have been presented my profile as well (by Tinder), would this situation present a no contact violation on my part? It was not my intention, by creating a Tinder profile, to contact her--merely to start dating again--dating other people.

Default Re: Does Inadvertent Contact with a Protected Person Online Violate a No-Contact Orde

Do not worry about it. You finding the protected person online isn't a contact. Had you accepted her contact or otherwise sent a message, you'd be potentially in trouble.

1. Sponsored Links