Default Failing a Drug Test While on Unsupervised Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: massachusetts

I am on probation for 6 months two random drug test. It has been less than two week since i was at court and started probation. since then i have been doing what i have to get into a clinic. Of course it a process it takes time already had my first intake and my second is coming up this tuesday. I even took a clinic that cab will cost me 80 per day there and back but i had no choice the clinic closer to me said I would have a longer wait anyways I have to meet my probation officer monday morning.

I am not able to pass this test so i am wondering if i should be honest with my probation officer or should i just take the test knowing i will not pass i talked to my lawyer he told me to bring all the paperwork i can that i have from the clinic to show that i am trying to get help and just not caring at all. I am so stressed out about this i have never been on probation. I have never got in trouble with the law before this. What should i do ?

Should i just be honest. And show her the paperwork i got my next appointment is legit the next day Tuesday and will start dosing soon. Thats all i want is help and support. I would come clean the next time she would test me because i would have the necessary help and support. I really am so down over this. Hope i can get an answer or even someone that has been through something similar an how the outcome was.
    I dont even know whats going to happen i dont understand court i get super nervous don't have any clue whats going on.....

Default Re: Failing a Drug Test While on Unsupervised Probation

You should be speaking to your attorney about this. No one here is going to give you advice when you have an attorney who has already advised you what to do.

I'm surprised that your lawyer has not answered this question for you, given that you have apparently told your lawyer that you will fail the test. Broadly speaking, it's better to be honest than to surprise a judge or probation officer -- but this is something to discuss with your lawyer.

What he said to do was get paperwork from clinic and bring it in QUOTE=Highwayman;1051190]You should be speaking to your attorney about this. No one here is going to give you advice when you have an attorney who has already advised you what to do.[/QUOTE]

]What he said to do was get said to me was bring in as much paperwork from clinic saying that ive been trying to get help that im legit a day away ( next day have an appointment at clinic ) and if she ask me to tell her and show her.

If you have a lawyer listen to your lawyer.

Unsupervised probation does not mean that your information will not come back to a PO. It just means that you weren't being monitored to the degree that a reporting offender would be. However, drops will be sent to the agency and recorded. That means that someone who in the capacity of a probation officer will get your dirty drop. There is no need to hide it. Inevitably, it will come out. The question is do you want to admit to it? Or do you want to risk the department coming down harder because you prolonged divulging it?

1. Sponsored Links