Default How to Figure Out Your Shoplifting Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: iowa
    i was charge with shoplifting 4th degree and have been to court then got a lawyer to help me im not sure how all this works i had another court date but lawyer went now im at 2 pretrail court dates i only go to 2nd one this is my frist offence but could they charge me for other charges the officer said he was putting my photo up in a room at police staion and going to investage me more
    if this does not happen and or was a scare to make me talk at police station will i still be able to get a deferred judgement so after i do everything it could go off my record
    i was also told this is a 4th degree fenlony charge but also told its call serious misdemeanor charges ...
    please help im right now living in a nightmare i cant seem to understand and i trying to figure out just what and why or how i could even be this ...im so not in a good place my fault i cant even leave my home but to go to work and having some really major iusses over this please dont JUDGE me because i already done that and wont be able to ever get over this ... and have been having some anxiety and some very bad low mood swings...
    i know ill need some professional help after being taken arrested and search 2 times and booked i feel i have just shut down .... im now seeing awhole different side of stuff and yes i did to my self please help with this

Default Re: Shoplifting

If you aren't understanding the proceedings, talk to your lawyer. Explaining things to you so you know what's what is part of his/her job.

just need some answers and information
    i never had any thing like this to deal with the law and im so unsure of my self

ill do that but there close and im trying to find out some information it just seems like its taking along time with the court stuff and im not handling anything to well... yes its all my responsibility i alone have to take what happens
    i know that ...

Default Re: How to Figure Out Your Shoplifting Charges

Your post is not at all clear, and between the confused presentation and your lack of basic understanding of the charges, it's really difficult to try to figure out anything about your situation other than that you're charged with shoplifting.

We cannot look up your criminal charge for you, so we cannot tell you if it is a misdemeanor or felony. We have no access to your court records. Your lawyer can clear that question up in a heartbeat, so ask your lawyer.

Apparently you committed multiple offenses, and are either being offered a plea bargain on your first offense or are being advised that there is a possibility of additional charges based upon your other acts of theft. You need to discuss those issues with your lawyer.

If you've been arrested and booked twice, and have had two pretrials, perhaps you are already facing two charges? If all of your crimes were in a single jurisdiction, you will want to speak to your lawyer about making sure that any plea bargain encompasses all acts, charged and uncharged.

Your lawyer can advise you about possible dispositions. We lack the necessary facts.

Quote Quoting jane doe 2
    View Post
    ...it just seems like its taking along time...
    Legal proceedings can take a very long time. There is an expression "the wheels of justice turn slowly" which applies.

Attorneys are used to the pace, to the average person off the street it may seem like a crawl.

Be patient and ask questions of your attorney - no one here can help you better than he can.

Quote Quoting Highwayman
    View Post
    Legal proceedings can take a very long time. There is an expression "the wheels of justice turn slowly" which applies.

Attorneys are used to the pace, to the average person off the street it may seem like a crawl.

Be patient and ask questions of your attorney - no one here can help you better than he can.
    I just wanted to know what might happen at a pre trail I was only charge once 1st offence serious mistermeaner shoplifting ....in Iowa would this be were I might get deferred charges or pled out before court trail with jury

If the prosecutor offered you a deferred sentence, then accepting the plea should get you a deferred sentence.

If the prosecutor did not offer you a deferred sentence, then pleading guilty pursuant to the offer will not get you a deferred sentence.

1. Sponsored Links