Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Should I Ask the Police Apartment to Assign a Psychiatrist to Talk with Me

My question involves police conduct in the State of: CA
    Should I ask the police apartment to assign a Psychiatrist to talk with me?

Hi Everyone,

I was arrested half year ago for Domestic Violation when my ex-girlfriend attacked me and I was purely defending myself.
    My girlfriend may have told lies to the policeman but possibly she admitted she attacked me first.
    In the end, the policeman did not file a charge and the case is an inactive status dying in the police apartment. However such an inactive case could still destroy my entire career as I am still a suspect.

Recently, I gradually realized my ex-girlfriend may have severe mental problems. Especially, about 3 months ago, my ex-girlfriend was in an insane status once and the policeman came in and suggested to see the doctor.
    So I consulted a certified Psychiatrist online and found she “seems like have Scizoaffective disorder , Schizophrenia , Bipolar disorder with psychotic symptoms.” But the Psychiatrist said a detailed in person talk is needed before final confirmation of the diagnosis. This could explain well the violence and delusion of my ex-girl friend. She abused me for months and attacked me based on delusion, and has other abnormal behaviors.

So I am thinking about asking police apartment to assign a Psychiatrist to talk with me to confirm her mental problems, and may end my case quickly. But my lawyer said this may cause my cased been looked again and potentially be filed and does not agree with my risky attempt.

My questions, what would the police apartment do if I call them to ask for a Psychiatrist or to confirm her mental problems (note: the policeman witnessed her insanity once)? Will they consider such a demand? Will this generate a bad consequence? Will they believe my evidences (a lot of wired text message, voice message and emails) as my ex-girl has left? Will they drop my case if they finally prove she has mental problems?

I have been in a desperate status for weeks and could not focus on my job any more. Pls do help me!

Any suggestion or comments count!!

God bless me.

Jack

Default Re: Should I Ask the Police Apartment to Assign a Psychiatrist to Talk with Me

What makes you think the police "apartments" have psychiatrists to assign to you, or any duty to provide one to you? It is not up to the police to evaluate the psychological status of your girlfriend.

What you need to do is obtain your own ATTORNEY if you have been charged.

Default Re: Should I Ask the Police Apartment to Assign a Psychiatrist to Talk with Me

The police to assign psychiatrists and certainly not one that is going to talk to you about your ex-girlfriend. The psychiatrist would have to talk to her to discover a mental issue.

If you would like your arrest record expunged the state of California has a law just for you.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post

If you would like your arrest record expunged the state of California has a law just for you.

There is indeed, BUT, he has to wait until the statute of limitations has run out--that's 3 years away AND, sealing an arrest isn't automatic.

Quote Quoting LegalWriter
    View Post
    There is indeed, BUT, he has to wait until the statute of limitations has run out--that's 3 years away AND, sealing an arrest isn't automatic.
    Doubt that the arrest record is his problem. Most employers can't see that and in California they're forbidden to ask.

It seems to be his own psychological issues that stem from the inactive investigation.

I agree but there is a method of ridding himself of one of the, I'm sure, many issues he has so I showed it to him.

The police do not have psychiatrists on call. If you believe that your girlfriend is at risk to harm herself or others, you can ask the police to respond and evaluate her. However, if she is not an immediate threat to herself or others, there will be nothing they can do aside from recommend she go in to see someone. The police could only transport her on a 72-hour hold (Welfare and Institutions Code 5150) if she presented a danger to herself or to others, or, she was gravely disabled as a result of a mental illness.

Alternately, it might be possible to get her to go in and talk with a psychiatrist at your county health services agency, or through her insurance (if she works and has insurance that covers this).

If she attacks you or threatens to attack you, then call the police. She can be evaluated, or, if you sate that she assaulted you, she can be arrested.

If you do not feel safe, then move out.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Thank you very much for every one!!
    My situation is I have spent several months and finally left my ex-girlfriend peacefully. and Now she is living in a different state, far from CA.
    As people with such a mental problems, they could sense undetectable insult and hurt. If a psychiatrist call her, she will think i have talked with the doctor/policeman about her, and that is unforgivable insults and hurt. She will do a lot things to counteract, including making stories to hurt me by all means, especially i am the suspect of this case, she is not. She will treat me like a enemy immediately.
    she threatened me to provide service form time to time even these months, or told me her delusions. I could have called the policeman/FBI. but I did not. I just want to handle my case in a safe way. She is too unstable.

For people with this types of mental problems, if you "hurt" them a little bit, even in a reasonable and legal way, they will remember for ever, and will revenge with 100x intensity.
    This is why i have not called the policeman, If I did this. whatever the result would be, she will revenge for ever.

Anyone has any idea how to end my case quickly?

Right now there is no case. There's a police report but no charges were filed. The DA has 3 years to decide if he/she wants to prosecute and you can't make them do it or not do it on your timetable. If she's out of state, they likely have no idea where she is and it's better for you that it stays way. As to the girlfriend, just cease contact with her. She can only play mindgames with or on you if you are participating. If you don't respond, there's no game to play. Move on.

Quote Quoting dealwithappd
    View Post
    Thank you very much for every one!!
    My situation is I have spent several months and finally left my ex-girlfriend peacefully. and Now she is living in a different state, far from CA.
    As people with such a mental problems, they could sense undetectable insult and hurt. If a psychiatrist call her, she will think i have talked with the doctor/policeman about her, and that is unforgivable insults and hurt. She will do a lot things to counteract, including making stories to hurt me by all means, especially i am the suspect of this case, she is not. She will treat me like a enemy immediately.
    she threatened me to provide service form time to time even these months, or told me her delusions. I could have called the policeman/FBI. but I did not. I just want to handle my case in a safe way. She is too unstable.

For people with this types of mental problems, if you "hurt" them a little bit, even in a reasonable and legal way, they will remember for ever, and will revenge with 100x intensity.
    This is why i have not called the policeman, If I did this. whatever the result would be, she will revenge for ever.

Anyone has any idea how to end my case quickly?
    You have to understand that any mental health professional who is willing to stand up and speculate about a person he has neither treated nor diagnosed is opening himself up to a hornet's nest of ethical and legal troubles.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast