Default Can I Still Become a Nurse if I Am a Convicted Felon

My question involves criminal law for the state of: I am currently fighting a felony charge of fleeing from the police. I was a stupid 17 year old that took the blame for someone else. Can I still become a nurse or even apply for the nursing program? Thank you.

Default Re: Can I Still Become a Nurse if I Am a Convicted Felon

Quote Quoting Vannah280
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: I am currently fighting a felony charge of fleeing from the police. I was a stupid 17 year old that took the blame for someone else. Can I still become a nurse or even apply for the nursing program? Thank you.
    The standards for licensing vary from state to state, and you did not mention the state. Similarly each nursing school sets its own standards for admission. And should you get a nursing license, whether anyone will hire you is up to each employer to decide. For some schools, states, or employers a felony might end up being a deal breaker. The specific facts matter, too. You say you are currently fighting the charge, does that mean that a warrant was sitting out there and now the police have finally caught up to you and you are being prosecuted now? If so, are you being prosecuted as an adult or juvenile? What exactly happened that lead to these charges? The details matter. All I can really say without details is that obviously a felony conviction would make it harder to get into a nursing career.

Default Re: Can I Still Become a Nurse if I Am a Convicted Felon

Were drugs involved? Your state is essential if you want accurate answers

1. Sponsored Links