Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Traveling Job

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Now that you state you are married it changes things and she remains home. Now it’s closer to a toss up. It will depend on how the courts view the benefits of one house over the other for the child.
    OP's marital status was in the first post, jk.

Quote Quoting jumanji
    View Post
    OP's marital status was in the first post, jk.
    Thanks. I did miss that.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Mmmhmm. Yes, please go to court and tell the judge exactly what you wrote here.
    Im not comfortable putting details on here, but there are reasons i ended up with custody in the first place.

you can't get great advice or opinions if there are details you are leaving out. Hopefully for you that those reasons will help your case.

But honestly, seeing your child 2 days every 2 weeks (the weekend that you have her and you are home from your job) if mom moves back and even gets every other weekend and one night a week means that mom will have her 3-4 days ever 2 weeks to your 2. And your wife will have her the majority of that time. In the end, who do you truly want to be raising your child -- someone else or you? Is the pay increase really worth that much time away and will your current wife get bitter about being a (pretty much) full time single parent to your child? Regardless of what the courts say?

Quote Quoting hr for me
    View Post
    you can't get great advice or opinions if there are details you are leaving out. Hopefully for you that those reasons will help your case.

But honestly, seeing your child 2 days every 2 weeks (the weekend that you have her and you are home from your job) if mom moves back and even gets every other weekend and one night a week means that mom will have her 3-4 days ever 2 weeks to your 2. And your wife will have her the majority of that time. In the end, who do you truly want to be raising your child -- someone else or you? Is the pay increase really worth that much time away and will your current wife get bitter about being a (pretty much) full time single parent to your child? Regardless of what the courts say?
    It would actually be every weekend friday- sunday night since her mom only gets her for holidays and a few weeks in the summer. Out of state visitation and she will not move back to this state. Right now i only have abojut 2 hours with her by the time i get home from work and her bedtime at 8:30, so im not losing a ton of time. Its not ideal but im just trying to support my family. Its not worth losing my daughter though...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2