Default Can You Sue the Police for Not Doing Their Job

My question involves police conduct in the State of: tx, had my car stolen. The trackr app on my phone connected to my keys because they were within a 100ft of each other. Called 911, was told they are sending a officer to check the VINS on the car. Got no response yet, plus all other relevant information is here:
    https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225501

Default Re: Can You Sue the Police for Not Doing Their Job

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    My question involves police conduct in the State of: tx, had my car stolen. The trackr app on my phone connected to my keys because they were within a 100ft of each other. Called 911, was told they are sending a officer to check the VINS on the car. Got no response yet, plus all other relevant information is here:
    You would not win the lawsuit and may even get sanctioned by the court for filing a frivolous claim. There is no legal duty that the police have to you or anyone else to respond to a complaint in a timely fashion, to do their jobs well or even just competently, etc. And without that legal duty owed to you there is no basis for a lawsuit. Rather, the duties of the police are a political matter, not a legal one. If you think the police aren’t doing their job right, contact the upper management of the police department and work your way up the chain to the city council/mayor to see if you can get results. If that doesn’t work, vote out the council/mayor or whomever it is that is responsible for the police and vote in someone who will make a point to improve police performance to your satisfaction. Be prepared to pay the increased taxes that will likely be needed to make the police as responsive as you’d like.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    You would not win the lawsuit and may even get sanctioned by the court for filing a frivolous claim. There is no legal duty that the police have to you or anyone else to respond to a complaint in a timely fashion, to do their jobs well or even just competently, etc. And without that legal duty owed to you there is no basis for a lawsuit. Rather, the duties of the police are a political matter, not a legal one. If you think the police aren’t doing their job right, contact the upper management of the police department and work your way up the chain to the city council/mayor to see if you can get results. If that doesn’t work, vote out the council/mayor or whomever it is that is responsible for the police and vote in someone who will make a point to improve police performance to your satisfaction. Be prepared to pay the increased taxes that will likely be needed to make the police as responsive as you’d like.
    sounds ideal, I just don’t think it’s that hard to drive less than a mile where the vehicle was spotted. When you see 2 officers casually talking after you get off the phone with 911, it’s virtually impossible to not assume they are lazy as ****.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    sounds ideal, I just don’t think it’s that hard to drive less than a mile where the vehicle was spotted. When you see 2 officers casually talking after you get off the phone with 911, it’s virtually impossible to not assume they are lazy as ****.
    Of course, you have no idea whether the person you talked to entered the info and dispatched the call immediately or not. The officers you saw may have been part of another incident, another unit, or unavailable for any of a number of reasons. Or, not contacted regarding the incident at all. Psychic dispatching of calls has not yet been perfected, I am afraid, and property crimes tend to be of a relatively low priority for radio dispatch.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    Being uninformed, you have no idea what that officer's duties are at that time. It's like that road crew worker sitting on a bucket. What's his job? Is there someone in a manhole and he's the confined space attendant? If so, he's doing exactly what he's supposed to. Don't make assumptions about stuff like that, it just make you the a**.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    What exactly did the police do wrong? I read your other thread. You're begging for yourself to get in trouble.

911 should be used for emergency use only (where lives are in danger). Using 911 to report where your stolen item is usually inappropriate use of the system. (Then again, you may have told the dispatcher that you were planning on shooting the people who had your truck). Your whole issue sounds really fishy to me to the almost unbelievable troll point.

If you are within 100 feet of your stolen truck you should be able to clearly see it. No need to check multiple VINS on an officers side. You should be able to just say, "officer, check that VIN". If it's concealed in a garage or from view guess what a cop needs to get access to the truck? Consent of a person on the property with standing, a warrant, or exigent circumstances(which they don't have exigent circumstances).

Call back on their non-emergency line. Remember calls are dispatched in order of priority, not place in the queue. Also, those two officers you saw "chit chatting" may not have even known about the presence of your call because dispatch may not have dispatched them to it yet.

1. Sponsored Links