Question Getting Caught Selling Stolen Video Games At A Video Game Exchange Store

so i used to steal video games, ones that were on the clearance section, the cheap ones that no one wanted so no one even bothered to put them in the glass case, and i learned my lesson about shoplifting. not from the store i shoplifted from, but from another store. i haven't shoplifted in months since i was caught.

so the problem is, i recently sold a couple of those video games i stole to an exchange place where i could get either cash or store credit. and i just want to know, is it possible for the retailer to track the games where i sold them, then contact the exchange place and ask for my personal information so they can charge me for shop-lifting? like i said, i'm done with shoplifting, i just don't want to get charged again.

Default Re: Getting Caught Selling Stolen Video Games At A Video Game Exchange Store

If you review the criminal law forums you'll find the story of a guy who was caught selling stolen CD's through a used CD store, who was caught and sentenced to prison. There's always a chance of being caught when you try to sell stolen merchandise.

I'm not going to guess at your odds, because odds are useless in an individual case. Telling a guy who has been hit by lightning, "Wow, there's only a 1:1,400,000 chance of that happening" means nothing, as he was the 1.

Default Re: Getting Caught Selling Stolen Video Games At A Video Game Exchange Store

they were the small little gameboy games. the problem is, i ditched the cases, and in all likelihood they were found. i don't know what the procedure is for finding shoplifted items. they could write down everything about the game including the package number, and i don't know if there are numbers on the cases that match the numbers on the games. or they could also just write down what they found was stolen (i.e. the title of the game) and just toss it.

either way, i'm still paranoid, and like i said, i no longer shoplift, i learned my lesson, and i don't want to learn it again.

To the best of my knowledge, video games do not have unique serial numbers on the games and/or package. If you haven't got caught yet, it's bound to happen. Quit now while you still can and consider yourself lucky.

No there is no way, how could they know by a cheap ass gameboy case that they mass produce. And once you sell the game to the store they just put a price tag on it (a few dollars less then the new unit) and put it on display.

A registry like that would be impossible to keep and that game is probably going to be sold in a few days so it doesn't matter.

I'm sure the guy who went to prison for selling CD's through second-hand stores thought, "There's no way", also.

1. Sponsored Links