Default How to Find a Good Criminal Defense Lawyer for Your Case

I have been wrongfully charged in a criminal case. I need a good litigator to handle my case. Can you name the best litigator in New Jersey?

Default Re: How to Find a Good Criminal Defense Lawyer for Your Case

1200 North Federal Highway, Suite 320 , Boca Raton, FL 33432

Time is of the essence if you are facing criminal charges. Still, you want the best lawyer you can find. And you want someone who has experience defending others charged with the same crime as you. After getting one or two names of criminal defense lawyers near you, try to set up appointments to meet the lawyers. Many good lawyers are busy, so you may end up meeting with their staff. Don't eliminate them as possible candidates just because they are busy.

The best way to find a lawyer is also the hardest, and sometimes it won't work. But the people who know are the people who work in the system. Try to call your judge's judicial assistant and speak with that person about your need for a lawyer. They CANNOT give you a referral. However, they can answer questions about who the busiest criminal defense lawyers are in terms of who they deal with the most. And if you are lucky you can ask them not for a recommendation to a lawyer, but a simple question: if you were in trouble who would YOU want representing you. Many times they will answer that specific question after telling you they can't recommend anyone. If you can get that question answered, call that person IMMEDIATELY.

I would suggest hiring the best in your jurisdiction, not the best in the state. A lot of benefit comes from having a lawyer whose face is very familiar to the judges and whom your specific judge respects personally.

1. Sponsored Links