Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Castle Act and Stolen Car

Why don't you call the cops and tell them where your stolen car is. Let them recover the car. They will call you when it's recovered and you can come and take possession of it. Sounds too simple to me. (This post is awfully trollish)

Quote Quoting sniper
    View Post
    Why don't you call the cops and tell them where your stolen car is. Let them recover the car. They will call you when it's recovered and you can come and take possession of it. Sounds too simple to me.
    Why call the cops when you can premeditate their murder and premeditate a defense-of-property defense? What are you, some kind of party pooper?

They go to jail, house is gonna go into foreclosure because of not being able to pay the mortgage. Still get the lien, that's granted the house isn't paid off. Get a restraining order for when they get released. They violate back to jail for them or worse.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    They go to jail, house is gonna go into foreclosure because of not being able to pay the mortgage. Still get the lien, that's granted the house isn't paid off. Get a restraining order for when they get released. They violate back to jail for them.
    From the sounds of it you're the one that's going to end up in the pokey with Bubba.

Relatives aren't liable for things that they did not do.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    They go to jail, house is gonna go into foreclosure because of not being able to pay the mortgage. Still get the lien, that's granted the house isn't paid off. Get a restraining order for when they get released. They violate back to jail for them or worse.
    And all a wile your car sits down at the prosecutors impound lot until the case is resolved. If the case takes two years, that is how long it will take for you to get you car back. So go ahead big shot and shoot the thief.

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    And all a wile your car sits down at the prosecutors impound lot until the case is resolved. If the case takes two years, that is how long it will take for you to get you car back. So go ahead big shot and shoot the thief.
    Cops don't seem to be getting much done. How do you file for a subpoena for the cameras and store the suspect left from?gonna turn the names over to the police.

Quote Quoting D-town
    View Post
    Cops don't seem to be getting much done. How do you file for a subpoena for the cameras and store the suspect left from?gonna turn the names over to the police.
    A subpoena can possibly be issued if there is a court case (civil or criminal). No case, no subpoena. You can always ASK the store for the footage or a still photo. Though, I suspect they will simply give the info to the police and you won't have to pay all that money for an attorney to file a civil suit against someone (if that would even be possible).

Unfortunately, property crimes are not a high priority for the police today so it may take time.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    A subpoena can possibly be issued if there is a court case (civil or criminal). No case, no subpoena. You can always ASK the store for the footage or a still photo. Though, I suspect they will simply give the info to the police and you won't have to pay all that money for an attorney to file a civil suit against someone (if that would even be possible).

Unfortunately, property crimes are not a high priority for the police today so it may take time.
    Ok, been saving receipts for gas for the rental and the rental, possible to include that in punitive damages?plus me filling the subpoena is 8$ per each and 75-100$ to have them delivered.

I don't know the law in your state, but "punitive damages" may not be permitted there.

And who are you suing? The suspect, I presume? Do you think the suspect has the money to pay an award? Can you PROVE that your suspect stole the car?

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    I don't know the law in your state, but "punitive damages" may not be permitted there.

And who are you suing? The suspect, I presume? Do you think the suspect has the money to pay an award? Can you PROVE that your suspect stole the car?
    Read above, answers are there.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2