Default Can You Set Aside a Guilty Plea if You Entered the Plea to Avoid a Competency Hearing

My question involves criminal law for the state of: washington. Last year I was threatened by my public defender with being sent to a mental hospital for a compotancy hearing I took a plea but I am actually the victim in this case and I have proof. I am wanting to quash a Warren on this case and get help and press charges against my ex who this case is in reguards to

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: I Was Bullied into Taking a Plea

But you did take the plea. In WA you can file for post conviction relief within 1 year of sentencing. If it was more than 1 year ago then it's too late.

In order to be successful in this you will need an attorney.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Default Re: I Was Bullied into Taking a Plea

When you say you "took a plea" did you go up in front of a judge and plead guilty (and were found guilty) to that crime? If not what do you mean?
    When you say "Warren" do you mean "warrant?" What is the warrant for?

You can make a complaint to the police/prosecutor about your ex, but understand that in a criminal trial it is not VICTIM vs. DEFENDANT, but rather the STATE prosecutes because criminal activity harms society in general. You can't force the state to prosecute someone.

Default Re: Can You Set Aside a Guilty Plea if You Entered the Plea to Avoid a Competency Hea

Quote Quoting Mebster69
    View Post
    ...with being sent to a mental hospital for a compotancy hearing....
    Are you now claiming that you were, in fact, not competent to understand and/or assist with your own defense at the time of the plea hearing? If so, do you have qualified mental health professionals who will testify to that effect?

1. Sponsored Links