Default What Happens if Co-Tenants Both Want to Renew a Lease Without the Other

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Arizona.
    My boyfriend is on a lease that ends in a few days with his ex girlfriend. she wants him to move out so her and her 9 family members can renew the 2 bedroom apartment (yes i know its against the law for 9 people in a 2 bedroom, three of them being underage, it has been reported of what shes trying to do and I'm sure she'll lie her way out of it). My boyfriend wants to keep the apartment, renewing, and move our two children and myself in with him. His ex girlfriend has a part time job and is using her brother to pay most of her rent, i'm assuming she will try to add him as her co-tenant. My boyfriend has a full time job working 60 hours a week and can afford the apartment. what could happen with them both trying to renew separately? what are his chances of being able to renew?

Default Re: Co-Tenants Trying to Renew a Lease Separately

Quote Quoting mommabear514
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Arizona.
    My boyfriend is on a lease that ends in a few days with his ex girlfriend. she wants him to move out so her and her 9 family members can renew the 2 bedroom apartment (yes i know its against the law for 9 people in a 2 bedroom, three of them being underage, it has been reported of what shes trying to do and I'm sure she'll lie her way out of it). My boyfriend wants to keep the apartment, renewing, and move our two children and myself in with him. His ex girlfriend has a part time job and is using her brother to pay most of her rent, i'm assuming she will try to add him as her co-tenant. My boyfriend has a full time job working 60 hours a week and can afford the apartment. what could happen with them both trying to renew separately? what are his chances of being able to renew?
    Is the apartment really soooo great that he wants to fight her over it? Why not just move and let her have it?

he doesn't have the money to move into another apartment. i would like the questions i asked answered, not another irrelevant question in return, please. Thanks.

Quote Quoting mommabear514
    View Post
    he doesn't have the money to move into another apartment. i would like the questions i asked answered, not another irrelevant question in return, please. Thanks.
    Nobody can answer your questions. If two people want the apartment its going to be up to the landlord which one gets it.

"It's up to the landlord." More like an answer I'm looking for. Thanks.

1. Sponsored Links