Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is There an International Body That Takes Private Complaints About Government Actions

Hello, I am new here.

I wish to obtain information and advice to present a case/complaint against the UK government for an illegal action they took against my family and I. I am a British citizen but they took this illegal action abroad (outside the EU).

The main question I have is which body, who do I take my complaint or legal action to, which international body. Clearly, I cannot take it to the English courts or Government as the claim is against them.

I can put more information here if there are people who can give me advice. I will appreciate. It is urgent as it involves my children.

Thanks

Default Re: Advice on Ilegal Action Against British Government

This forum is for US law only. You might try http://www.thelawforum.co.uk

Yes, I am talking about an illegal action that broke international law. The UK forum does not help me either as it is not UK law either.

Quote Quoting my2children
    View Post
    Yes, I am talking about an illegal action that broke international law. The UK forum does not help me either as it is not UK law either.
    What exactly are you trying to do? What's your goal? What happened?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

I know what I did before. Instead of pressing Post Quick Reply. I pressed Reply to thread.

More information:

The UK government, through their embassy/the Foreign Office, came and captured my children giving false information to Interpol who they used for this. They took the children out of the country with documents they made. They violated the local law and the Hague Convention 1980. There is an element of corruption in what they did too. I am told they must have bribed people to be able to do this without observing the law. I am a British citizen but they took this illegal action abroad (in Latin America) where I am at present. I have a local solicitor who confirmed the illegality in his evaluation but he does not have experience with the UK or EU and speaks little English to come to a forum like this one to seek information, so I am helping.

The UK government knew they had to follow a legal process in this country, where we both would have presented our respective cases and evidence, but they decided to bypass the legal process as they knew I had a case and substantial evidence against them. They could only bypass the legal route by doing things illegally.

So my main question is which international body would deal with this matter. We need to put together the case and present it. If we can get more advice by people in the know about international cases that would be better. I say it is kidnap. My solicitor is more cautious and says it is an illegal capture of the children who are now held captive and without communication with me. They must be suffering like me now. Thank you.

The long and the short of it, then, is that you are in a custody case, your ex- got a court order for custody and then, with or without going through the courts of your nation, and managed to take the children back to England from the nation in which you were living using passports that you claim are suspect. Now you want to try to get custody back.

The only way that's going to happen is if you fight for custody in the U.K., in the court that granted your ex- custody. There is no international organization that is going to step into your custody dispute. If you had a prior custody order that was not followed by the U.K. court, and the nation you're in is a member of the Hague Abduction Convention, consult a local lawyer about the steps you might be able to take under that convention.

View Post
    I know what I did before. Instead of pressing Post Quick Reply. I pressed Reply to thread.

More information:

The UK government, through their embassy/the Foreign Office, came and captured my children giving false information to Interpol who they used for this. They took the children out of the country with documents they made. They violated the local law and the Hague Convention 1980. There is an element of corruption in what they did too. I am told they must have bribed people to be able to do this without observing the law. I am a British citizen but they took this illegal action abroad (in Latin America) where I am at present. I have a local solicitor who confirmed the illegality in his evaluation but he does not have experience with the UK or EU and speaks little English to come to a forum like this one to seek information, so I am helping.

The UK government knew they had to follow a legal process in this country, where we both would have presented our respective cases and evidence, but they decided to bypass the legal process as they knew I had a case and substantial evidence against them. They could only bypass the legal route by doing things illegally.

So my main question is which international body would deal with this matter. We need to put together the case and present it. If we can get more advice by people in the know about international cases that would be better. I say it is kidnap. My solicitor is more cautious and says it is an illegal capture of the children who are now held captive and without communication with me. They must be suffering like me now. Thank you.
    Are you also a citizen of the country you are living in? If not, are you a legal resident there? You might consider going to the state department of the country you are residing in.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

No, I am not a citizen of the country where I am. My local solicitor is investigating what to do through the local courts but I still need an international body (and pro-bono international solicitor) for three reasons:

1- Since it is most likely that the people who acted with the embassy bribed the local police and emigration officers, the local government could interfere in my prosecution to protect their people (not the British).

2- The British embassy will claim immunity so I will then need to go further in accusing the British government itself. (I think they do not have immunity outside their embassy, but anyway).

3- I need the international exposure of what the British government did (and the story before but I am not getting into that here) because publicity and getting help form people who could campaign for us could be as valuable as the legal process.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

You're not terribly likely to get a pro bono attorney for this.

Diplomatic and embassy employees generally enjoy full immunity. You'd have to get the host nation to file a formal complaint and then the UK would have to decide what they want to do about it, which is probably nothing. That immunity exists for a reason.

I'm sure that there are things that you aren't telling us because this makes no sense. At all.

Go ahead and blame the British gov't. That and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

Occam's Razor calls to me, by the way. He tells me that you absquatulated (yes, that is a real word) with your children mid-custody dispute. and left the country. This would make you a felon. A felonious absquatulator. Occam says that the British gov't cares not about you and has no reason to conspire against you for the sheer joy of it, especially if you're broke, which is indicated by the desire for a pro bono attorney.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

View Post
    Since it is most likely that the people who acted with the embassy bribed the local police and emigration officers, the local government could interfere in my prosecution to protect their people (not the British).
    If you have evidence that people in your nation took bribes, you can bring that information to the attention of law enforcement. The question of whether or not the nation of your residence cares enough about bribery to act when its officials take bribes is not relevant to your custody issue.
    The British embassy will claim immunity so I will then need to go further in accusing the British government itself. (I think they do not have immunity outside their embassy, but anyway).
    You mean, if you try to confabulate claims that British embassy officials for some reason forged passports for your children, rather than lawfully issuing passports, they would claim immunity if you attempted to have them prosecuted in your nation of residence? Of course they would, but if that claim had even slight basis in reality they would be subject to prosecution in the U.K.
    I need the international exposure of what the British government did (and the story before but I am not getting into that here) because publicity and getting help form people who could campaign for us could be as valuable as the legal process.
    Call some newspapers.

But really, at this point if you want to fight your ex- for custody, you will need to do so in the U.K.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast