Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Changing Son's Name to His Father's Name

    My question involves name change laws in the State of: North Carolina. I was still in the process of divorcing my first husband when I gave birth to my second son. So unfortunately he has my ex-husband/my last name at the time. His father has finally stepped up to the plate over the last few years and is now on the birth certificate. I would like to change our son's name to that of his father's family. As it stands he has a name of no one he is related to. I was wondering about how costly it would be, and how much trouble? As of right now I'm in a custody battle and second divorce from a man that took 12 yrs of my life, and then tried to take my life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: Changing Sons Name to Father's Name

    Here's some general information on changing a minor's name followed by that from a specific court. Your local court or court's website may have it's own forms and instructions:

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Establishing Paternity: Can I Get in Trouble for Changing My Son's Last Name to His Father's Last Name
    By brendas1119 in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 05:30 PM
  2. Changing a Child's Name: Changing My Son's Last Name to His Father's Name
    By Nei in forum Name Change
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 08:06 AM
  3. Changing a Father in Virginia
    By cryman01 in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
  4. Changing Father on Birth Certificate for True Father
    By mandymojica in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 01:54 PM
  5. Changing My Last Name To My Father's
    By soonersoldier1990 in forum Name Change
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Name Change Forms
Quick, easy-to-use forms for all 50 states.