Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can an Officer Search Your Belongings if it Looked Like You Were Hiding Something

Quote Quoting Jeaninerenz
    View Post
    Before i even remembered what i had in my purse, I verbally stressed to the cop that I wasn't giving him permission to search my purse & he said he didn't need my permission. Also, neither of us were actually handcuffed & arrested, the cop gave us both tickets with the date we needed to be in court & left me at the truck while he took my bf to the hospital for blood sample & after he collected that, left him there. Don't know if that makes a difference but I thought it strange that we weren't taken to jail.
    That you weren't taken to jail is irrelevant. You were "detained" and charged with a crime. Same results, less hassle.

Stop talking about it and get a lawyer.

Default Re: Can an Officer Search Your Belongings if it Looked Like You Were Hiding Something

I can't afford a lawyer & the public offender's office is only taking felony cases due to overload. So in this case I have to defend myself & I have no idea of what to do except research on getting the search suppressed on the grounds of illegal search or no probable cause but now I'm stuck on writing a brief for the motion to suppress. I've been trying to search examples of a motion but don't know where to look or even what I'm looking for, lol! That's why I'm here with so many questions

If there is the possibility of incarceration you have to be provided an attorney if you qualify financially. It's nof the public defenders choice to not represent some particular class of defendants. The law determines who is eligible to be appointed counsel.

I dont know what your charges are so I don't know of
    there is the possibility of incarceration.

I ended up going to prosecutor's office today & signing a plea agreement for a sentence of 30 days suspended for 90 days probation & if I don't get into any trouble with the law, when im done with probation I can make a motion to the judge to get the drug paraphernalia charge taken off my record. Thank you for all the information u provided, I actually found the research of law very interesting!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2