Default Can You Sue a Hot Sauce Manufacturer if Your Burn Your Mouth

My question involves an accident that occurred in the state of: New Mexico

So heres the deal. Me and my boyfriend heard of "hot saucing" where you put hot sauce on your tongue. We decided to try it together. We put hot sauce on each others tongues straight from the bottle and it was way spicier than we thought it would be. It was quite uncomfortable. Can we sue the manufacturer for this? We were thinking we would say the hot sauce shouldn't have been that hot. Would we win?

Default Re: Can You Sue a Hot Sauce Manufacturer if You Hot Sauce Yourself and It Was Too Spi

no. It was labeled as hot sauce. There was hot sauce in the bottle. The manufacturer is not liable for idiots doing stupid things with their product.

Default Re: Can You Sue a Hot Sauce Manufacturer if You Hot Sauce Yourself and It Was Too Spi

Quote Quoting lollipops
    View Post

So heres the deal. Me and my boyfriend heard of "hot saucing" where you put hot sauce on your tongue. We decided to try it together. We put hot sauce on each others tongues straight from the bottle and it was way spicier than we thought it would be. It was quite uncomfortable. Can we sue the manufacturer for this? We were thinking we would say the hot sauce shouldn't have been that hot. Would we win?
    If you were members of any other species on earth you would have wandered from the herd and been eaten by predators.

Darwin was wrong.

The unfit do survive.

Please don't have children. The human race already has enough mentally defective people (including you and your boyfriend). It doesn't need any more.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    If you were members of any other species on earth you would have wandered from the herd and been eaten by predators.

Darwin was wrong.

The unfit do survive.

Please don't have children. The human race already has enough mentally defective people (including you and your boyfriend). It doesn't need any more.
    No we are actually very intelligent people although we don't plan to have kids. My boyfriend recently invited a judge out to bingo night.

Quote Quoting lollipops
    View Post
    No we are actually very intelligent people although we don't plan to have kids. My boyfriend recently invited a judge out to bingo night.
    You've responded to disclaim jacks statement concerning your intellect by including the non sequitur regarding the judge and bingo? How curious.

All I know is that I'm really kicking myself for not drafting Kareem Hunt for my fantasy team. Dammit.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Quote Quoting lollipops
    View Post

No. First, in order to sue and win you must show that the product was defective in some manner. The hot sauce was just what it said it was: hot sauce. It was not defective, it just wasn’t what you expected. You don’t win lawsuits simply because your expectations didn’t match what you got. Second, in order to win anything in a lawsuit you must have suffered either a significant physical injury or some kind of financial loss. The momentary discomfort from the sauce being spicier than you thought does not give rise to any legally recognized damages.

On a serious note, I'd like to go "full prevent" and put to bed any thought of invoking the Stella Liebeck-McDonald's lawsuit. This is nowhere near the same thing.

(Most people don't have a clue what actually led to the suit and the suit itself bears no resemblance to the OP's current post. If anyone is interested, I invite you to use your Google-fu. The injuries Stella sustained were severe, and I'll add my own warning: do NOT look at the images unless you know you can handle graphic images of severe burns)
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links