Default Can You Appeal a Protection Order After the Objection Hearing

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: oregon
    Can I appeal the decision given at hearing objection the RO?

Default Re: Can You Appeal a Protection Order After the Objection Hearing

Should we infer that you are the party that objected to the order, but that it was granted over your objection?

You can appeal the grant of an order of protection, but you will be well-served to work with a lawyer. If you did not have a lawyer at the hearing on the petition, you may have made a poor record for appeal.

Yes I am the respondent of the order. I did not have a lawyer at hearning because I can't afford one and legal aid won't help me because I am the respondent of the order.

The petitioner is my mother and she is lying about everything. Including being afraid of me, I am now homeless and she packed my things ... she got to snoop through all my things which is what she wanted to do and be in control keeping me away from my horse that she is not / cannot properly care for...

It sounds like you will be better off staying away from your mother. Why can't you find a place to live ? Are you working?

Looking for full time work, and working for myself starting a cleaning business. I was hired as a caretaker/ranch Hand, salary plus studio apt and room for my horse however was let go after 5 days and had to move out after my employer learned about the RO., this also prevents me from attending my sons wedding in April.
    Do I need to ask in a different forum about any renters rights I may have? Yes I lived with my mom and her husband for many years, she decided to lock me out of the tack room that I have always had access to and kept my horses things in there, so I broke in and that incident is how she got this order plus lies

I have no money saved to rent a place I went back to school. Was rebuilding my credit and getting my license back and she actually goes out of her way daily to make everything I do for her harder. Or that I don't matter, nasty notes breaking my room door open , kicking me out when i had no car or money or place to go, mental abuse and I'm the one that lives in fear when her husband drinks (daily) and tries to pick a fight with me and intimidate me

You are better off not living there.

I don't want to live there ... I want access to my horse and to attend my sons wedding, and be employed

Quote Quoting 4CoopSake
    View Post
    I don't want to live there ... I want access to my horse and to attend my sons wedding, and be employed
    If you cannot attend your son's wedding because your mother will be there, you could ask your son to disinvite your mother. Its up to him who he wants at his wedding.

1. Sponsored Links