Default Can You Legally Purchase a Handgun if Your Criminal Conviction Was Expunged

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Missouri. Is it permissible for me to own/purchase a handgun if my felony was expunged and removed from state record?

Default Re: Can You Legally Purchase a Handgun if Your Criminal Conviction Was Expunged

The restoration of rights project, which does its best to analyze and summarize these issues, is of the opinion that expungement and sealing of a Missouri state conviction probably restores firearms rights (...notwithstanding the fact that expunged records may be accessed for firearm permitting purposes, it appears that expungement remains effective at restoring firearm rights lost as a result of conviction"). We don't know the details, or whether the conviction would trigger any additional federal issues (such as the Lautenberg Amendment), so it's best to consult a local criminal defense lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links