Default How to Avoid Having to Get a License and Register a Vehicle During Short-Term TDY

My question involves real estate located in the State of: South Carolina and Maryland

I sold my home in South Carolina two months into a 6 month TDY (Short term assignment in Maryland). Before sale, I was having all mail forwarded to the place that I am staying in MD. Now that I don't have a permanent residence in SC, what can I do to avoid having to change all my tags, Drivers License, and stuff like that to Maryland since I am going back to SC in less than 4 months? Also, is there anything I am not thinking about that I ought to be? Thanks.

Default Re: Sold Home While I Was on a Short Term Assignment (6 Months) in Another State

If you didn't get pulled over the first two months, the odds are in your favor that you won't get pulled over in the next 4 months, assuming you meticulously obey traffic laws.

I suggest you carry a copy of your TDY orders in the car at all times.

According to the MD DMV website:

If you are not establishing residency because you are only temporarily stationed in Maryland and you are a member of the armed forces of the United States or of the United States Public Health Service and you are on active duty in this State or an adjoining state or the District of Columbia, you do not need to register your passenger vehicle in this State if your vehicle is currently registered in your state of residence.
    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/vehicles...n/military.htm

Seems to be some wiggle room in there.

1. Sponsored Links