My question involves criminal law for the state of: Missouri

I was placed on five years probation out of the state of Missouri. My children live in the state of Nevada and I was wanting to get a transfer to be with them. My probation officer told me I can only transfer if I have a family member in the receiving state.
The problem is my children are the only family I have left. I have nowhere to stay in Missouri but my ex husband has agreed to let me stay with him while I'm in Nevada. I feel my children really need a full time mom.
I've read online there is a non mandatory transfer. How can I make this happen...