Default Will a Store Charge You With Shoplifting After Allowing You to Leave

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Louisiana

I got caught stealing in JCPenney. They took my picture but didn't get my name or my address or anything. I also didn't have to sign any papers. They just told me to leave and I can't come back. Will they find me and arrest me or anything or was I let off the hook.

Default Re: Will a Store Charge You With Shoplifting After Allowing You to Leave

If they told you that they were going to pass the information about your crime along to the police, then you can expect them to do so.

If they told you that they did not plan to pass the information about your crime along to the police, then you can reasonably anticipate that they won't do so.

Beyond that, you'll have to wait and see what happens.

Default Re: Will a Store Charge You With Shoplifting After Allowing You to Leave

No one can read the minds of the store loss prevention people so no one can answer your question.

They didn't mention anything about police just told me not to come back. They have none of my information. Would anything happen? They don't even have my name.

The crystal ball is out being cleaned; the Magic 8 ball is broken and Madame Zulieka is still on her vacation. We have no more means to read the future than you do.

1. Sponsored Links