Default Will You Be Investigated for Violating a Protective Order if Nobody Complains

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: NY

(This is my last question I promise, I'm sorry!)

Because I'm an over thinker I am wondering if a judge tries to do anything to dig deeper to see if an order of protection was followed or not or do they just take your word for it? If you are going in claiming you followed it and no one else has accused you of breaking it then is it assumed you are telling the truth? Our town judge has a reputation of being a jerk so a discussion with a friend about him got me wondering about this.

Default Re: Will You Be Investigated for Violating a Protective Order if Nobody Complains

Did you violate a protection order? What do you mean "going in?" Why would you be going before a judge if no one reported you? Most POs are good for a year. Don't violate protection orders and you have nothing to worry about.

Default Re: Will You Be Investigated for Violating a Protective Order if Nobody Complains

It's for a temporary no contact order and no nothing has been violated. What I mean is if you you go to court with no allegations of a violation from anyone, it's presumed that it was not violated? Or do judges try to dig around otherwise into phone records etc to essentially double check.

Why would you be going to court if there are no allegations the order has been violated?

Quote Quoting Wickedsm85
    View Post
    It's for a temporary no contact order and no nothing has been violated. What I mean is if you you go to court with no allegations of a violation from anyone, it's presumed that it was not violated? Or do judges try to dig around otherwise into phone records etc to essentially double check.
    Your question is incomprehensible as written.

But when combined with your two previous threads about your husband and the protective order, it starts making sense.

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...t=#post1038368

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223849

So, let's say you stupidly wanted to have your husband secretly visit your children and you set up a meeting somewhere that you think no one will see you.

Yet, somebody does see, and the word gets back to the judge that your husband violated the order.

HE GOES TO JAIL.

Understand.

1. Sponsored Links