Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Can You Sue a Business for Accusing You of Stealing and Banning You

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Movie set, if you prefer.

But there is still nothing in that picture that is of sufficient legal evidence to prove your story.
    OMG.... you've figured it out. Yes, I leased a movie set, hired actors and rented 5 cruisers so I can take a grainy photo to prank some strangers on the net! You win the Scooby Doo Detective of the Year Award! WTG!!!!!!

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    They look like Los Angeles County Sheriff's vehicles to me; but I don't much care whether one or six million officers responded to the call. How is it relevant?
    Because it lays credence to them filing a false police report?

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post

have you read any incident reports from the police? Have you heard the call to 911 reporting the activity at the store?

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    OMG.... you've figured it out. Yes, I leased a movie set, hired actors and rented 5 cruisers so I can take a grainy photo to prank some strangers on the net! You win the Scooby Doo Detective of the Year Award! WTG!!!!!!

Calling the police to report suspicious activity is not a police report.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    have you read any incident reports from the police? Have you heard the call to 911 reporting the activity at the store?

Not yet. Not sure how to obtain it either. Hopefully the lawyer will get it.

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    Calling the police to report suspicious activity is not a police report.
    In California, an incident like this one would fall under Penal Code section 148.5. This section makes it illegal to knowingly make a false report of a crime (misdemeanor or felony) to a peace officer, to someone employed to accept crime reports (i.e., a 911 operator), or to a prosecutor. This crime is prosecuted as a misdemeanor and requires only that the person making the false report knows the report is untrue and knows that the person to whom he or she is giving the report is engaged in an official capacity to accept such reports (such as a police officer, a 911 operator, or a prosecutor). This section also makes it a misdemeanor to give a false report to a grand jury.

Some examples of false reports that are illegal under this section include:
    Reporting a crime has occurred when, in fact, one has not;
    Giving false details about a criminal incident;
    Reporting theft or damage that is untrue, and
    The knowing and intentional false report of an emergency, fire or crime.

If somebody at the store was charged with filing a false police report, then that happened. If it did not, you need to extricate yourself from your fantasy world and realize that nobody is going to be prosecuted for calling the police about your activity.

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    Yeah, I'm always in situations where 5+ cruisers pull up and point guns at me. Unbelievable.

I'm guessing you have a problem admitting you are ever wrong. And now just trolling to cover up your embarrassment.
    And you took the time to take pictures while they were telling you to drop things?!?!?! People get shot for such failure to comply!

Oh, and 5 cruisers tends to mean 5 officers not 10. But, ok, such a response is uncommon. Curious.

All the same, it does not prove what was reported to the sheriff's department or that what they said was knowingly and intentionally false. IF you get an attorney, he can get info via discovery. But, again, if you get an attorney who wants yo be paid up front, run away. Or, just drop it and stay away from that store.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    Not yet. Not sure how to obtain it either. Hopefully the lawyer will get it.

In California, an incident like this one would fall under Penal Code section 148.5. This section makes it illegal to knowingly make a false report of a crime (misdemeanor or felony) to a peace officer, to someone employed to accept crime reports (i.e., a 911 operator), or to a prosecutor. This crime is prosecuted as a misdemeanor and requires only that the person making the false report knows the report is untrue and knows that the person to whom he or she is giving the report is engaged in an official capacity to accept such reports (such as a police officer, a 911 operator, or a prosecutor). This section also makes it a misdemeanor to give a false report to a grand jury.

Some examples of false reports that are illegal under this section include:
    Reporting a crime has occurred when, in fact, one has not;
    Giving false details about a criminal incident;
    Reporting theft or damage that is untrue, and
    The knowing and intentional false report of an emergency, fire or crime.
    Great that you understand what you just wrote.

How do you know that the employee that called 911 truthfully believed that you were about to rob the place? You were the one in the store with your face covered by a mask. How many times do you see someone walk into a store with there face covered?

I didn't say you were the one making the movie.

There's no evidence in that picture that you took it. Or that you were anywhere near at the time it was taken. You've heard of publicity shots, I assume? Movie trailers and the stills thereof?

Show me something in that picture that conclusively and irrefutably shows that not only you took the picture but the date, time, and location of the shot. Until you do that, I am at liberty to disbelieve that the picture is any kind of proof. And without back up verification, I'm at liberty to believe it even if you can prove to me that you DID take the picture and all the various details about it.

BTW, please take note that at no time did I call you a liar. What I said was, this picture does not constitute legal evidence that you are telling the truth. Try to use this as proof in a court of law and you'll get the same responses I've been giving you. It's not proof.

Even if I believe 100% the video and what he says happened in the video, it's 100% irrelevant to his issues. It will be a complete non-sequitur in court and it's unlikely he'll get very far trying to introduce it.

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    About 10 cops show up with a copter and surround the store with their guns drawn. They order me to come out with my hands up which I do.
    No you didn't, you came out of the store pointing a cellphone at 10 cops that were pointing guns in your face...

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    I'm scared since I don't know what the clerks told them (armed robbery for example) and might get shot.
    Come on, you were scared? A scared man would comply with an order, he doesn't ignore that order by shooting cellphone footage of the incident.

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    So do you think any of these are a violation and actionable?
    Not at all, I think the sheriffs officers were doing what they are trained to do so they all go home at the end of their shift.

Quote Quoting acaii
    View Post
    If it is what type of lawyers would take my case on contingency? Personal Injury? I really want to get revenge like a large fine and/or franchisee license being pulled.
    No lawyer will take this case on contingency so bring your checkbook and a pen.

You're not going to get revenge so I hope you learned a lesson about walking into stores in the middle of the summer with a mask hiding your face.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5