Default Can You Get a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License With a Misdemeanor Record

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Florida

I recently applied for my license as an MLO in the State of Florida... 25 years ago I paid a $50 fine for a bounced check... Long story but it involved me moving out of the State of SC and not knowing it had not cleared... I paid it and now I am worried that my license will be denied because of this... It seems pretty small considering... I plead guilty and paid the minimum fine... There wasn't even restitution because it was so small... Any advice?

Default Re: Can You Get a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License With a Misdemeanor Record

As the offense involves both a financial element and an honesty element, it could be an issue for you. It works in your favor that it's from 25 years ago.

Default Re: Can You Get a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License With a Misdemeanor Record

Most of the states refer to "felony" frauds as a knock out for licensing... The SAFE Act states felony... Is there any way to fix it?

1. Sponsored Links