Default Can You Make an Injury Claim for a Car Accident if You Were Driving While Suspended

I were involved in a wreck while driving with suspended license, it wasn't my fault but the car and insurance is in someone else name. Can I file a claim on the other person insurance for my injuries. The other person admitted to be in the wrong. What can I do?

Default Re: Car Accident

Where did this occur? What is your inquiry? Did the car's owner know you were driving suspended?

This occurred in Louisiana and yes the owner knew

Can I get some feed back on this please

Quote Quoting Doris1963
    View Post
    The other person admitted to be in the wrong.
    Yeah, I'm sure that the other person will be willing to walk into court and admit the same thing under oath...

Default Re: Can You Make an Injury Claim for a Car Accident if You Were Driving While Suspend

The limit on recovery doesn't come from driving while your license is suspended -- it arises from driving without carrying insurance as required by law:
    Quote Quoting Louisiana R.S. Sec. 32:866. Compulsory motor vehicle liability security; failure to comply; limitation of damages
    A.(1) There shall be no recovery for the first fifteen thousand dollars of bodily injury and no recovery for the first twenty-five thousand dollars of property damage based on any cause or right of action arising out of a motor vehicle accident, for such injury or damages occasioned by an owner or operator of a motor vehicle involved in such accident who fails to own or maintain compulsory motor vehicle liability security....

Default Re: Can You Make an Injury Claim for a Car Accident if You Were Driving While Suspend

It's RS 32:866. Part of the Motor Vehicle Statutes.

Easier to find this way:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=88612

When faced with legal issues, lawyersServices.net helps you in evaluating and choosing a lawyer for your needs.

1. Sponsored Links