Default When Does a Driver's License Suspension Begin if You Don't Have a Driver's License

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Georgia.... I was givin 6months suspension notice mailed to my house on February 27th 2017 asking me to surrender my "limited driving permit"... im not sure what that is but I don't have a license just an ID card so I didn't surrender anything! After checking online my license is suspended but I know it should be able to be reinstated soon because it's almost been 6 months I'm just wondering if that wouldn't be the case because I never surrenderd anything!? Any help appreciated thank you!

Default Re: No License to Surrender Did Suspension Start

What caused the suspension in the first place? Have you ever had a learner's permit or actual license in Georgia?

It was suspended for a DUI over a year ago I was told that I had a limited drivers permit but I never got a hardcopy or used it just a letter in the mail that I had one I later had a seizure and got a reckless driving charge which is why it is now suspended for six months to six months is almost up and I need to know if I can get it reinstated

Have you had any further seizures? Have you been diagnosed with any kind of seizure disorder? If so, you may find they do not reinstate your driving privileges even if the suspension is up.

They booked me on a DUI it just got dropped a reckless driving I was totally sober I do have a seizure disorder but the court system does not know about it I haven't had a seizure since I've been on my new medication which is been over a year so the seizures won't even come to play with the court because they didn't believe me in the first place

If your driving privilege is suspended but you didn't actually have a license then there was nothing for you to surrender.

Your question really needs to be asked at the DMV.

1. Sponsored Links