Default Is There a Way to Transfer a Car Title from Someone Who Won't Sign the Transfer Title

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Texas. A couple years back I bought a truck but didn't have an ID during that time so a family member took it out for me and I made the payments.
    I paid off the truck over the years. After I paid it off, me and the family member got into a argument and he took my truck when i was at work.
    I tried to get it back but he wont give me the keys and says his name is on the title and he going to keep the truck.
    I have the title on hand with his name but he wont sign the title transfer.
    Is there anything i can do, to transfer the name on the title to mines and take back my truck legally
    we did get the truck from a mom and pops car lot but i lost contact with them over the years.
    i have no proof of payments or anything that's under my name on the truck besides the insurance.
    Or this one of those life lesson that i have to learn

Thank you for your time

Default Re: Is There a Way to Transfer a Car Title from Someone Who Won't Sign the Transfer T

Or this one of those life lesson that i have to learn
    Yep. That's it exactly.

All you've been doing all these years is renting the truck.

The title in your hand is useless to you. All he needs to do is go to the DMV and get a duplicate so you might as well give it back to him and go buy your own vehicle.

Your name on the insurance is not evidence of ownership nor is it evidence of your agreement. People who lease vehicles have insurance all the time.

Oh, you can sue him if you want but you can't use small claims court to sue for the return of property and without documentary evidence you'll probably lose anyway so you might as well give it up and move on.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one that gets themselves into this kind of deal.

Maybe you can have a pity party with this guy:

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223588

1. Sponsored Links