Default Can You Remove a Disciplinary History From Your Nursing License Records

My question involves a professional license in the state of:ut. I had a incident reported to DOPL while I was liscensed as a LPN. This resulted in a displine noted on my license. This was over some 20 years ago. I have since obtained a higher degree and am now a RN. Is there a statue of limitations on this action? Can it ever be removed? If so how?

Default Re: Disapline on Nursing Liscense

You did not mention in what state the disciplinary action took place, and that’s important because nursing licensing laws and regulations differ from state-to-state.

Good bet it's Utah.

If it is more than 10 years old it would not appear in any online search. It could be obtained by making a written request under Utah's Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA), but that would require providing very specific information about the person being investigated. It is unlikely that there is any mechanism to actually delete a valid public record of this kind, but someone would have to be doing a very in-depth investigation to go that far. I doubt employers will go to that much trouble just to dig up something over 10 years old.

Default Re: Can You Remove a Disciplinary History From Your Nursing License Records

Quote Quoting Sunsilk123
    View Post
    My question involves a professional license in the state of:ut. I had a incident reported to DOPL while I was liscensed as a LPN. This resulted in a displine noted on my license. This was over some 20 years ago. I have since obtained a higher degree and am now a RN. Is there a statue of limitations on this action? Can it ever be removed? If so how?
    What did the DOPL say when you asked them your question?
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Default Re: Can You Remove a Disciplinary History From Your Nursing License Records

It is Utah. I have not asked them this question.

Doncha think it might be a good idea to do so?

1. Sponsored Links