Default Do You Have to Disclose a Sealed Criminal Record When Seeking a Real Estate License

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Texas. Over 18 yrs ago I was arrested for CL- B misdemeanor....shoplifting, pled NO Contest, judge gave me deferred adjudication. Had same judge order NON disclosure of record. Now I want to apply for a Texas Real Estate license which requires a fingerprint check. Do I have to disclose my arrest and disposition? Will a non justice agency fingerprint check reveal my sealed arrest record? Thanks

Default Re: Do You Have to Disclose a Sealed Criminal Record When Seeking a Real Estate Licen

The TREC indicates,
    Quote Quoting If someone’s criminal history has been expunged, can the information still appear on the background check?
    The information is not supposed to appear on a background check; however it still may by mistake. If it does, TREC will ask you to provide a copy of the Order of Expungment or Non-disclosure and upon receipt will not consider that offense in determining a person's fitness for licensure.

1. Sponsored Links