Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Got Freshly Dyed Hair Wet at Water Park and Lost a Fake Nail

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    I don't understand why the mods don't ban this person (under all of her usernames). Surely littering these forums with boring and repetitive fake issues is against some kind of forum rule?
    I think it's some kind of lesson for the rest of us about not feeding the trolls.

Mods! PLEASE?

Come on now. Where is your sense of humor. The posts may have some useful purpose especially when they get responded to by Taxing Matters. And as ridiculous as they may be, there are people out there that think that way.

And doing that incurs all kinds of costs: the costs for the employees to drain the pool, the lost business as result of the pool being empty, and the cost of the water to refill the pool. If you think water is free, think again. It’s not. All those costs far exceed the value of that fake nail and the park was under no obligation to do it. It was, IMO, a ridiculous thing for you to ask the park to do.

You haven’t stated any reason why the water park is responsible for the loss of your nail so you get nothing for the lost nail and nothing for your alleged pain and suffering.

The bottom line is that you have nothing for which to sue. You would waste time and money pursuing it, and might even end up having to pay the defendant’s costs. Courts aren’t a lottery where you win lots of money for nothing despite what some people think.

[/QUOTE]

But the nail is my property and them refusing to drain the pool in this circumstance would be theft on their part i think? Since I lost something and wanted it back and they wouldn't do what was needed to get it back for me? Also the wave that made my hair get wet we haven't even talked about. Since my hair getting wet was caused by an attraction in the park and i didn't want that to happen could i at least make them pay for new dye?

Quote Quoting freegirl
    View Post

But the nail is my property and them refusing to drain the pool in this circumstance would be theft on their part i think? Since I lost something and wanted it back and they wouldn't do what was needed to get it back for me?
    Yes, yes. That was theft. They had your property and wouldn't give it back. You should have dialed 911. The SWAT team would have arrived in minutes, rounded up the managers, bopped them on the heads with billy clubs, and took them away in the paddy wagon to criminal court where they would have been sentenced to life imprisonment for the dastardly deed.

Quote Quoting freegirl
    View Post

Also the wave that made my hair get wet we haven't even talked about. Since my hair getting wet was caused by an attraction in the park and i didn't want that to happen could i at least make them pay for new dye?
    Of course. Letting that tsunami roll over you was the grossest of gross negligence. Not only are you entitled to get your hair redyed at their expense, you are also entitled to a million dollars for the emotional trauma that this experience has caused. Even that amount would barely cover the psychiatric treatment that you would need for the rest of your life.

Please post more of your experiences and questions. My sole purpose in living is to help you through all of these terrifying ordeals.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Yes, yes. That was theft. They had your property and wouldn't give it back. You should have dialed 911. The SWAT team would have arrived in minutes, rounded up the managers, bopped them on the heads with billy clubs, and took them away in the paddy wagon to criminal court where they would have been sentenced to life imprisonment for the dastardly deed.

Of course. Letting that tsunami roll over you was the grossest of gross negligence. Not only are you entitled to get your hair redyed at their expense, you are also entitled to a million dollars for the emotional trauma that this experience has caused. Even that amount would barely cover the psychiatric treatment that you would need for the rest of your life.

Please post more of your experiences and questions. My sole purpose in living is to help you through all of these terrifying ordeals.

You owe me a new monitor...

I still don't think that we should feed the troll.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post

Thank you so much <3 so how do you recommend i go about receiving reparations for this? Every lawyer I've talked to refused to take on my case.

Quote Quoting freegirl
    View Post

But the nail is my property and them refusing to drain the pool in this circumstance would be theft on their part i think?
    No, it would not be theft. The water park did not take it from you. You lost it as a result of the normal water features of the park. That loss is on you. Once again, they have no responsibility, legal or moral, to go through the hassle and expense to try to find a lost nail that costs less than $1. The world does not owe you replacement for every little thing that happens to you, and I suggest you start learning that now. That certainly applies here.

Quote Quoting freegirl
    View Post
    Also the wave that made my hair get wet we haven't even talked about. Since my hair getting wet was caused by an attraction in the park and i didn't want that to happen could i at least make them pay for new dye?
    No, you cannot make them pay for the dye. When you go to a water park you run the risk you are going to get wet. That’s the whole point of those parks. So if you didn’t want your hair wet, you should not have gone to the park. You made the choice to go to the park anyway. So you assumed the risk you’d get wet and the damage to your dye job is on you. You have to learn to be responsible for your own decisions; others are not responsible for compensating you for your own bad choices.

By the way, adjusterjack’s reply saying that it was theft was sarcastic; he didn’t mean it literally.

You have no case to pursue here, as attorneys you have evidently talked to have already told you.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You owe me a new monitor...

I still don't think that we should feed the troll.
    It's OK as long as we don't feed them after midnight or get water on them.

Quote Quoting freegirl
    View Post
    Thank you so much <3 so how do you recommend i go about receiving reparations for this? Every lawyer I've talked to refused to take on my case.
    Contact the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. Ask for J. Cheever Loophole. Bring a check for $5000 as a retainer.

(Yes, T-M, more sarcasm.)

The wave that engulfed me was enormous, could i possibly sue over the size of the wave and win compensation that way? And even though I lost the nail, them refusing to help me get t back could count as a crime. Like if I lost a piece of jewelry at a friends house and they wouldn't help me find it, wouldn't that arouse suspicion of the friend?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast