Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default How to Clear Up Erroneous Criminal Charges on a Background Check

    My question involves criminal records for the state of: California
    I just had a potential employer tell me I had a misdemeanor trespassing charge and a Felony forgery for bad check charge come up in my back ground check from 2015. How is that possible if I have never even talked to police much less gone to court or been charged or convicted, and how would I go about correcting this mistake?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: How to Clear Up Erroneous Criminal Charges on a Background Check

    Start by reading your report and finding out if it is, in fact, a match -- or if they're making a possible match based on partial information. Ask the background check company to correct any errors. If it turns out that there is a charge or warrant that is actually identifying you, you will need to investigate with the court where the case was filed to find out what happened.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Service Providers: Erroneous Background Check
    By jessniequals6 in forum Consumer Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
  2. Background Checks: Employer Did Background Check After I Started Job - Criminal Charges Pending
    By jcraven in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:40 AM
  3. Background Checks: When Can Old Criminal Charges Be Seen on a Background Check
    By mad2763 in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 06:46 AM
  4. Background Checks: Failed Background Check but Might Have Chance to Clear Warrants
    By kinesis in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 07:01 AM
  5. Credit Reports: Someone Else's Criminal Charges are on My Background Check
    By america03 in forum Personal Finance And Investment Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources