Default Negligent Driving Charge After Falling Asleep While Driving

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

last month my son got a negligent 2 ticket. situation was he was coming home from work, fell asleep at wheel and ended up in a ditch.
    he has clean driving record prior to this. Did not hit anyone ( thank god) or anything, a witness saw him go into ditch she called WSP ( thanks lady )
    car was towed and picked up right after. my question is he does he have option to choose deferred action ? I am in FL and trying to help him figure out
    what is best course for him to take. Yes he was stupid for falling asleep ( he had just got off 12 hour shift) and prob was on hour 20 of OT for week.
    I know that Highway is awful for deaths, and He was really lucky he did not hurt himself let alone a innocent driver on road. I have 2 brothers in Law Enforcement
    both said kinda a crappy of WSP but typical of them. Regardless what is his best course of action? he has since adjusted his work load hours, and if feels sleepy at
    all he take a nap in car before he drives home. Thank you in Advance any suggestions or advice

R.M

Default Re: Negligent Driving Charge After Falling Asleep While Driving

Your son can check with the court clerk to verify that the county that issued the ticket will allow deferrals for negligent driving, second degree. Many counties allow for deferral.

Why is it "crappy" to ticket somebody who put other drivers in serious danger by driving while too tired to stay awake on the road? That's not a context in which you should whine about getting a ticket -- it's a context in which you should be grateful that you didn't kill somebody.

1. Sponsored Links