Default Retail Fraud 2nd in Michigan

I stole like 300 dollars worth of merchandise and i got arrested, after several weeks i went to court and i plead guilty because thats what everyone was doing and i didnt expect that it possible for me to go jail...
    after my trial i was handcuffed and put in jail inside the court for 1 hour , i told the judge i am 18 yrs old and that i am a junior high ,then my brother came( my parents live in LA and i live in MI) and the judge made me get house arrest until my sentence day... i am now in house arrest and i am very worried ,, my dad is comin for my sentence day and they talked to the best lawyer here in MI and he told me i should go to school and dont pass the limits of my house arrest thingy...then i went to my probation officer and she told me most likely im gettin a 2 yr probation and fine but she doesnt know it all depends on the judge
    does anyone had a similar situation as mine that can give me some opinion ?! im really worried... i never got arrested im really scared...
    thank you

Default Re: Retail Fraud 2

oh one more thing... if i dont go jail and get probation...can i move back to LA ?! and i want to take GED since im 18 and i dont have obligation of study will the judge permit that ?! or will he make me go to school ?!

I don't think you can leave the state while on probation without a waiver. Since you are 18, the punishment will be stiffer than if you were a minor, however I don't think the judge will require you go to school, if you want to get your GED. You can get your GED from prison, too, should it come to that.

The judge or probation officer would likely encourage you to complete high school or obtain your GED, particularly if you are not employed.

1. Sponsored Links