Default Can You Get a Ticket Dismissed if the Wrong Vehicle is On the Citation

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Oregon

I was pulled over and told by the officer that I was speeding, but don't believe I was. After he explained what I did wrong, I just let him do his thing and he gave me the citation and I went on my way. After stopping for the night I looked at the ticket and noticed that the vehicle description was not my vehicle. Totally different information. My car is registered in California and the car on the citation was from Oregon. Vehicle was not even the same make or model and was 12 years older than the car I was driving. Additionally, the citation says I was was doing 49 in a 55, but was exceeding the speed limit between 11-20 MPH.

Wondering the best way to dispute this ticket? I live in California so it would be an 8 hour drive back to go to court.

Any ideas or recommendation?

Default Re: Wrong Vehicle on Citation

Might be enough of a mess to get it dismissed if you went to court and got the officer on the witness stand.

You might consider trial by declaration if it's available to you.

Google came up with a form from one of the Oregon counties:

http://www.courts.oregon.gov/Multnom...structions.pdf

You'll have to check with the court.

1. Sponsored Links