Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If Detectives Call You Would They Leave a Message

I recieved a missed call from a unknown number but they left no message .. if it was a detective would have they have left a message? In most cases

Default Re: If Detectives Call You Would They Leave a Message

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post
    I recieved a missed call from a unknown number but they left no message .. if it was a detective would have they have left a message? In most cases
    That depends entirely on who the detective is and why he or she would be calling you. You’d have to ask the detective making the call that question. Do you have any good reason to think a detective would want to contact you? The call is more likely to have been a wrong number than a detective trying to reach you unless you have some reason to expect a call from a detective.

But if it was a detective would they leave a message most of the time and when would they get back to you? It was a unknnown number

Im saying a detective who was investigating you would they leave a message?

As Taxing said, it depends on the detective and why he was calling. More than likely it was a telemarketer. I get many such calls without messages, and I have not once thought they might be a detective - why is that your go-to thought?

Investigating a old warrant if he was trying to investigate would he more than likely of left a message? Do thry leave messages most of the times?

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post
    But if it was a detective would they leave a message most of the time and when would they get back to you? It was a unknnown number

Im saying a detective who was investigating you would they leave a message?
    Again, there is no “typical” thing that all detectives do when making calls. You are asking us essentially to get inside the head of some unknown detective and predict what he/she would do in some unknown situation. It depends on the particular detective and importantly why the detective is calling you. All I can tell you in response to your very general question is that sometimes a detective would leave a message, other times he or she wouldn’t.

Do you have any good reason to think a detective wants to contact you? Or is this just paranoia? Have you perhaps committed some crime and are now fearful the police are on to you?

Not at all a old warrant

In answer to your query, the answer is, "Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't."

There is no "typical" response to this. When I am conducting follow-up, I may leave a message, I may not. It depends on why I am calling and who else might be hearing the phone message I am leaving. I can give a litany of reasons why I might leave a message, or might not leave a message, but none of them may be valid be for YOUR situation.

It is far more likely a telemarketer that called than a cop.

When would you usuallly get back to the person? And if they dont get back to me after how many days can i safely assume it was a telemarketer call?

????

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post
    When would you usuallly get back to the person? And if they dont get back to me after how many days can i safely assume it was a telemarketer call?

????
    It depends on why I was trying to get a hold of them. There's no cut-and-dry rule for this, so there is no way to answer the question.

If you think you are under investigation by the police, or wanted (and if they have a warrant, why would they want to call you, anyway?), then you might want to get an attorney on the line and have them look into things for you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast