Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: If Detectives Call You Would They Leave a Message

But if it was a detective when would they call back and after how many days can ii assume its a telemarketer? Why no cut and dry answer ?

So most likely it was a telemarketer call?if i dont get another one of those calls in a few days ill assume it was a telemarketer call?

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post
    But if it was a detective when would they call back and after how many days can ii assume its a telemarketer? Why no cut and dry answer ?
    No cut and dry answer because no two cops and no two situations are exactly the same. There is no general rule for this. If, however, your concern is that the cops might be tracking you down on an old warrant that was issued for you, it is unlikely they would call you and tip you off that they are looking for you. Instead, they’d be more likely to just show up at some point and arrest you on the warrant.

If you know you have a warrant out on you and don’t want to have to worry about when you might get picked up on it then consult with an attorney about how to resolve the warrant. It usually works out better for you to actively resolve it than to wait for the cops to pick you up on the warrant and then deal with it. Often when they pick you up it is at a very bad time. If you arrange to deal with it you will have more control over when you have to show up in court, if a court appearance is required at all. Get it over with and then you won’t need to keep worrying about it.

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post
    Because THERE IS NO CUT AND DRY ANSWER TO GIVE!

You can assume a telemarketer, a detective, or your long lost Aunt Millie if you want. Nothing we can say or do will provide any definitive answer to your question.

So most likely it was a telemarketer call?if i dont get another one of those calls in a few days ill assume it was a telemarketer call?
    Maybe. But, again, there is no way to provide you a definitive answer. I WILL say that I have never phoned a person with a warrant that I intended to arrest. That is not to say there might not be a reason to do it, it's just unusual.

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post
    But if it was a detective would they leave a message most of the time and when would they get back to you? It was a unknnown number

Im saying a detective who was investigating you would they leave a message?
    It depends as stated. When there was an investigation after I reported my ex had hit me, the detective assigned would call and leave messages on my phone if I couldn't answer my phone. He also would email or answer my emails about the case.

When my ex was being investigated for a robbery, a detective called me and left a message saying he wanted to talk to me about it. (The only reason I got pulled in is his first ex wife said she told me she heard he might have done it. I wasn't with him nor was I around him). He also called my work apparently and left a message there and I called him back.

So yes a detective could leave a message if they needed to talk to you and couldn't get a hold of you. Or they might not leave a message but I would feel if they wanted to talk to you they would leave a message.

Since no message was left, don't worry about it. If it's not a number from the police station or the number the detective gave you then just ignore it.

Quote Quoting Zoomie
    View Post

No cut and dry answer exists as you've been told. Every detective is different!!!!

If the police were looking for you to arrest you I'm sure they would have found you by now.

For crying out loud, it could just as easily have been a wrong number who didn't leave a message because they realized it. What on earth is going on in your life that you assume it's a detective?

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    For crying out loud, it could just as easily have been a wrong number who didn't leave a message because they realized it. What on earth is going on in your life that you assume it's a detective?
    I'm astonished that this thread is as long as it is.

Mind, it is boggled.

A detective left a message on my voice mail to call him to set up an "interview" over a legal matter I was involved in.
    He also called my emergency contact person and left his name & # with her and asked her to have me contact him.
    So, yes, sometimes they will leave a voicemail message.

Quote Quoting mrtenebrae
    View Post
    A detective left a message on my voice mail to call him to set up an "interview" over a legal matter I was involved in.
    He also called my emergency contact person and left his name & # with her and asked her to have me contact him.
    So, yes, sometimes they will leave a voicemail message.
    Why are you resurrecting a three year old thread to provide information that was provided long ago?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2