Default Can you Seal or Expunge your Florida Criminal Record After a Pardon

For those of you seeking a pardon in Florida, be aware that typically a pardon WILL NOT give you the right to seal or expunge unless the pardon expressly gives you the right to seal/expunge. So, when applying for a pardon, make sure that you are also requesting the right to seal/expunge your case which is being pardoned!

Getting a pardon does not change the statutory requirements which you have to meet in Florida in order to seal/expunge unless the right is expressly given to you in the pardon!

Good luck,
    Nicolas

Default Re: Can you Seal or Expunge your Florida Criminal Record After a Pardon

What if I had a previous record sealed, If I recieve an pardon for a different charge and I am granted a pardon along with the request to seal it, Can I seal the this other charge?

Default Re: Can you Seal or Expunge your Florida Criminal Record After a Pardon

Please start your own thread and, if possible, be more clear on what you hope to accomplish (pardon, sealing, something else....)

Default Pardon and Expungement in Florida

Update to a previous post I had posted in regards to expungement after pardon in Florida:

The bottom line is that you cannot seal/expunge a case even after you have been pardoned. See the following article: Crist/Crotzer/Pardon/Expungement

As it stands now, even if wrongly convicted, you cannot seal/expunge your case even after you've been pardoned.

Please disregard my previous post in which I stated it could be done if specifically request that your expungement right be restored. If convicted and pardoned, you still can't do it.

1. Sponsored Links