Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Born L.A.....NYC 2nd home...Rustbelt home base

Default Re: Proposal for Change in Self Defense Laws

OP...agreed.

Also you have to take into account disparity of force as in age / size of the attacker versus the target.

I carry a 6oo lumen tactical light, 4 oz pepper, a collapsible airweight baton, folder and a .38 titanium snub. If it comes to the point I need to administer some lead I will put one in their eye and one in their ear to make sure their brains are scrambled. Shooting someone to wound them only leaves them alive for another day to track you and your family down.

Luckily for me and them I am pretty good at avoiding conflicts.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    It depends on the laws in your state. In CA if he intentionally grabbed at your butt, he could be charged with misdemeanor battery or sexual battery. Other states' laws might vary. But, beating him down might result on BOTH of you going to jail or being charged. If the other guy is no longer a threat and you chase him to punch him, it would not be self defense.
    Yes, someone grabs your butt you can't shoot or knife em. Self defense with weapons usually is justified if the attacker has a weapon or there is great disparity of force to justify the use of weapons or your are fearful the attacker will kill you.

The UK has terrible self defense laws. Glad I don't live there. You cant even have pepper spray.

Default Re: Proposal for Change in Self Defense Laws

Quote Quoting slackercruster
    View Post
    OP...agreed.

Also you have to take into account disparity of force as in age / size of the attacker versus the target.

I carry a 6oo lumen tactical light, 4 oz pepper, a collapsible airweight baton, folder and a .38 titanium snub. If it comes to the point I need to administer some lead I will put one in their eye and one in their ear to make sure their brains are scrambled. Shooting someone to wound them only leaves them alive for another day to track you and your family down.

Luckily for me and them I am pretty good at avoiding conflicts.

Yes, someone grabs your butt you can't shoot or knife em. Self defense with weapons usually is justified if the attacker has a weapon or there is great disparity of force to justify the use of weapons or your are fearful the attacker will kill you.

The UK has terrible self defense laws. Glad I don't live there. You cant even have pepper spray.
    Many, many UK residents would disagree. So would many UK ex-pats living in the US.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4