Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Proposal for Change in Self Defense Laws

She does until the forum administration says she doesn't.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Justified Force
    View Post
    Stop posting such offensive stuff. You have no right to make such posts on this forum.
    You're pretty thin skinned, aren't you, cutie pie?
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

I believe justified force is a closet gay and wants to go out and attempt to experience a homosexual lifestyle. He's scared to admit to his inclination so he wants to be able to use the ruse the other man touched him inappropriately where justified force would "defend himself" if he chickens out and wants to be able to show he is a manly man and isn't gay. He's pondered homosexual situations way too much to not be interested in them.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

I had a friend who was super flamboyant. He would buy me drinks because he liked my rough man hands. He also introduced me to some very nice women who like to ride motorcycles.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

View Post
    If Im defending myself against a man of roughly my same size and Im not using any weapons than I should be allowed to use any level of force that I can with just my bare hands provided I stop once I've stopped the attacker.
    That doesnít answer my question. It just restates the rule you think ought to be used. My question was what difference does the size of the attacker make in the rule that we use?

View Post
    Not until he's unconscious, until he's stopped. Stopping an attacker does not necessarily require beating them unconscious.
    Yet you think you ought to be free to use any level of force you want to repel an attack that may be countered with something much less damaging. So let me ask the obvious question: why do you think you should be able to do that? If the goal is just to get the guy to stop, isnít a rule that you use only the force reasonably necessary to do that the one we ought to use? The only reason I can think of that you want no limit to the force you can use is to allow you cover to do as much damage as you can to another person who touches you in a way you donít like. In other words, you want the license to mete out your own sense of justice to the ďpervert.Ē Thatís not what self-defense is supposed to be about. Itís simply about protecting yourself from the danger. Again, I would oppose your standard for self-defense as I think it is not justified.

View Post
    Its not gays that I don't like its men that are perverts that I don't like.
    Iím just going to say that I am very cynical about that given your previous posts and leave it at that.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    She does until the forum administration says she doesn't.
    I especially enjoy being singled out in such a truly unexpected fashion!

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Just exactly how often have you been sexually assaulted that this is such a concern for you?

(I'm guessing none)
    As a matter of fact yes, or you could at least say I was sexually harassed. This happened in college, this guy Christopher would sometimes make lewd comments at me and he would sometimes grab at my butt and he did once come close to grabbing me on the groin although I knocked his hand away although I believe I would've been justified in following up with a punch to the face in a situation like that. He was a relatively large guy and I don't think he was gay he was just a pervert. From what I know sexual harassment and sexual assault is taken quite seriously so fighting back against a pervert should not get you in trouble, or our laws have to be changed.

View Post
    As a matter of fact yes, or you could at least say I was sexually harassed. This happened in college, this guy Christopher would sometimes make lewd comments at me and he would sometimes grab at my butt and he did once come close to grabbing me on the groin although I knocked his hand away although I believe I would've been justified in following up with a punch to the face in a situation like that.
    If swatting his hand away was sufficient to make him stop, then in most, if not all states you would not be justified in following up with the punch. The threat was over, so punching him then becomes a battery committed by you.

View Post
    As a matter of fact yes, or you could at least say I was sexually harassed. This happened in college, this guy Christopher would sometimes make lewd comments at me and he would sometimes grab at my butt and he did once come close to grabbing me on the groin although I knocked his hand away although I believe I would've been justified in following up with a punch to the face in a situation like that. He was a relatively large guy and I don't think he was gay he was just a pervert. From what I know sexual harassment and sexual assault is taken quite seriously so fighting back against a pervert should not get you in trouble, or our laws have to be changed.
    If you knocking his hand away succeeded in stopping him from grabbing you, then you following up with a punch in the face would have most definitely been deemed excessive force and therefore illegal. You have been told this dozens and dozens of times by cops, lawyers and legal experts, and yet you persist in fantasizing about how you can legally punch someone in the face. The odds are now that no one on this site is ever going to tell you that this is legal. Given odds like that, why on earth do you keep coming back?

View Post
    It depends on the laws in your state. In CA if he intentionally grabbed at your butt, he could be charged with misdemeanor battery or sexual battery. Other states' laws might vary. But, beating him down might result on BOTH of you going to jail or being charged. If the other guy is no longer a threat and you chase him to punch him, it would not be self defense.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast