Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Proposal for Change in Self Defense Laws

Just because a man is gay doesn't mean he's a pervert and just because a man is gay doesn't mean he sexually assaults other men.

Exactly. So why are you so obsessed with being able to use anything up to and including deadly force to "protect" yourself against them?

Ya know ... I grew up spending my weekends in San Francisco, and the better part of every week working in the theater biz (and partying around it) in the Bay Area. Not ONCE did I EVER have anyone fondle me, grope me, or try and physically assault me. I DID get flirted with by some guys, but politely mentioned having a girlfriend to avoid the awkwardness (that was the unwritten rule in the theater scene of the 70s and 80s). So, I seriously doubt that you really have anything to seriously worry about going to a bar in a college town. You really should see someone about this unreasonable paranoia you have.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Justified Force
    View Post
    First lets take into the account of size difference between Carl and Bob. Are they roughly the same size? A man of a certain size should be equal to another man of roughly that same size and bare hands should be equal to bare hands.
    I have no idea what you are trying to get at. What difference does the size of the two men have regarding what kind of rule we should have?

View Post
    Second you discriminate against gays. Just because a man is gay doesn't mean he's a pervert and just because a man is gay doesn't mean he sexually assaults other men.
    I do not discriminate against gays. Nor have I done so here. Let’s consider the background to this threat. You have yourself indicated your concern was being touched sexually by other men in your earlier thread. For example, you said you were concerned about situations like:

View Post
    1 - A man breaks into my house, grabs me, throws me down, pins me to the floor and tries to stick his _____ up my _____.
    View Post
    So here is my example. Lets say Im a guy in college. Im on campus and this other guy in my college touches me or tries to touch me somewhere on the body that's covered by the bathing suit. And so I punch him in the face.
    View Post
    Im talking about a situation where, as I discussed earlier, lets say Im in college and some other guy in college gropes or tries to grope me.
    So you kept going back to this same scenario where some other guy grabs your junk. That’s the situation in which you want to be able to legally beat up the other guy however much you want until he’s unconscious. Now, while you didn’t expressly mention that your fear was being groped by a gay guy, I think it stands to reason that is certainly one of the situations that likely concerns you. So I suspect that is at least in part what your fear is, even though you won’t come out and say so specifically. Could a straight guy do it? Sure, it could happen, but if the goal of such groping is sexual gratification I would think that it would be more likely a gay man would do that. Thus I said “e.g. advances by gay men.” You understand what e.g. means, right? It is shorthand for “for example.” Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Ed. Thus, what I said read literally means “for example, advances by gay men.” I was illustrating one example of what your concern seems to be, not the the only one. Nowhere did I say that all gay men engage in that behavior, or that more gay men are more apt to engage in inappropriate touching than straight men (though straight men who do such things do so to women or children far more to other men) nor did I say that a straight guy couldn’t do such a thing. You raised the issue of being groped by other men, not once but several times. I simply used an advance by gay men as one example of what you seem to be concerned about, as illustrated by your statement I quoted from the earlier thread. Not the only example, not excluding the possibility that straight guys might do it. So read carefully before you accuse me or anyone else of being discriminatory.

View Post
    I've met some men that were openly gay and none of them were like what you describe.
    I nowhere here described all gay men. Again, read the above. If you think I gave a description of all gay men, please quote where I said it.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Just because a man is gay doesn't mean he's a pervert and just because a man is gay doesn't mean he sexually assaults other men.

Exactly. So why are you so obsessed with being able to use anything up to and including deadly force to "protect" yourself against them?
    Im not obsessed with protecting myself from gays Im obsessed with protecting myself, and others, from perverts.

View Post
    Im not obsessed with protecting myself from gays Im obsessed with protecting myself, and others, from perverts.
    I think you are irrationally homophobic and paranoid about things that aren't likely to ever happen to you.

I suggest you get some psychiatric treatment for your mental illness.

View Post
    Im not obsessed with protecting myself from gays
    Yes, you are.

Im obsessed with protecting myself, and others, from perverts.
    No, you're not.

Please, get some professional help. You are not mentally healthy right now.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I have no idea what you are trying to get at. What difference does the size of the two men have regarding what kind of rule we should have?
    If Im defending myself against a man of roughly my same size and Im not using any weapons than I should be allowed to use any level of force that I can with just my bare hands provided I stop once I've stopped the attacker.

So you kept going back to this same scenario where some other guy grabs your junk. That’s the situation in which you want to be able to legally beat up the other guy however much you want until he’s unconscious. [/QUOTE]

Not until he's unconscious, until he's stopped. Stopping an attacker does not necessarily require beating them unconscious.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Now, while you didn’t expressly mention that your fear was being groped by a gay guy, I think it stands to reason that is certainly one of the situations that likely concerns you. So I suspect that is at least in part what your fear is, even though you won’t come out and say so specifically. Could a straight guy do it? Sure, it could happen, but if the goal of such groping is sexual gratification I would think that it would be more likely a gay man would do that. Thus I said “e.g. advances by gay men.” You understand what e.g. means, right? It is shorthand for “for example.” Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Ed. Thus, what I said read literally means “for example, advances by gay men.” I was illustrating one example of what your concern seems to be, not the the only one. Nowhere did I say that all gay men engage in that behavior, or that more gay men are more apt to engage in inappropriate touching than straight men (though straight men who do such things do so to women or children far more to other men) nor did I say that a straight guy couldn’t do such a thing. You raised the issue of being groped by other men, not once but several times. I simply used an advance by gay men as one example of what you seem to be concerned about, as illustrated by your statement I quoted from the earlier thread. Not the only example, not excluding the possibility that straight guys might do it. So read carefully before you accuse me or anyone else of being discriminatory.
    If you know a few things about sexual assault than you will know that all too often, the motivation of sexual assault is not sexual gratification but rather to degrade, humiliate, and hurt the victim. Thus straight men can sexually assault other men. As a matter of fact by far most sexual assaults upon men are done by straight men. There are quite a few cases where when a man sexually assaults another man that a gay man is the victim. A very very very small percentage of sexual assaults upon men are done by gay men. Its not gays that I don't like its men that are perverts that I don't like.

Just exactly how often have you been sexually assaulted that this is such a concern for you?

(I'm guessing none)

I think OP just wants to go to a bar and entice some random gay man into grabbing his junk so that he can then beat the tar out of that gay man. He's just here because he wants our blessings so that when he's arrested, he can say "But those guys over at ExpertLaw said it would be OK!"

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Yes, you are.

No, you're not.

Please, get some professional help. You are not mentally healthy right now.
    Stop posting such offensive stuff. You have no right to make such posts on this forum.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast